IPOD repair?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
so i went running, fell, my ipod got scratched, but still worked...a month later it just stops working: shows the little "sick" ipod face. i didnt bring it running since the first fall and i never dropped it. the two seem mutually exclusive.

but lets say it is my fault, and it is damaged...can i bring it to the store and have it repaired (for a cost, of course)...i just got this thing for xmas and i would feel real guilty if its completely broken. i know it wont be cheap, but i want this thing up and running again. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by njphish04x View Post

so i went running, fell, my ipod got scratched, but still worked...a month later it just stops working: shows the little "sick" ipod face. i didnt bring it running since the first fall and i never dropped it. the two seem mutually exclusive.

but lets say it is my fault, and it is damaged...can i bring it to the store and have it repaired (for a cost, of course)...i just got this thing for xmas and i would feel real guilty if its completely broken. i know it wont be cheap, but i want this thing up and running again. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

So it's scratched? Who cares? If it's that new, take it back and tell them you want a new one. They should give it to you, especially if you never dropped it.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    It stopped working because you kept spelling its name in ALL CAPS. It's iPod.... small i, capital P, small o, small d. iPod.

How you spell it as the first word of a sentence... that's a good question.

PS: Just in case it comes up, the computer that runs OS X is a Mac, not a MAC.