Can those who are in college help me to get Office X?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have seen couple of people in college in this board got their Office X for 10 bucks....I am wondering if it is legal for me to have that 10 bucks CD too?

If it is could you help me to get one? I promise I will pay you guys money back

Thanks

ps. If it is illegal just ignore what I ask.

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I'll look into it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>I have seen couple of people in college in this board got their Office X for 10 bucks....I am wondering if it is legal for me to have that 10 bucks CD too?

If it is could you help me to get one? I promise I will pay you guys money back

Thanks

ps. If it is illegal just ignore what I ask.

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Leonis ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

dude, yer in canada.

everythings legal in canada...

dont worry about it

do u even have cops?? when i went ther, i saw like 2 cops over a 2 week span...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    We have mounties in Canada. You know, big hats, horses...

Sorry I can't help you out Leonis! We got our Office X order here at work, but we pay the corp discount, the educational one is much better for Office.

10 bucks! Man!

Jonathan: You said you didn't like Office X? What in particular?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    I've heard of this. It's called the "Microsoft Campus." Basically, a campus signs a deal with MS saying they will use all MS products rather than competing ones, and they basically get a site-liscence for everything MS produces. At that point, any student, staff or faculty member can walk into the campus bookstore and pick up any MS software on CD for $5 US, for personal or campus use. However, your personal liscence expires the moment you stop attending/working for that college, so no discounted upgrades once you graduate since you never really 'owned' the product.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    You sign an agreement when you get it that forbids you from distributing it.

And you can only buy one copy with your Student ID. (And you have to show your Student ID to get a copy)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    This is preposterous.

if you know a student, have them buy it for you, sign the agreement, blah blah blah.

This is MICROSOFT we're talking about here. I have absolutely ZERO ethical issues or qualms about screwing these assholes over. ZERO. I only wish more people would do it.

On a side note, I'd like to plug my site, <a href="http://www.****Microsoft.com,"; target="_blank">www.****Microsoft.com,</a> and invite you to come visit the brand new, just-opened UBB forums at <a href="http://forum.****Microsoft.com."; target="_blank">http://forum.****Microsoft.com.</a>;

OK, plug-whoring done. Back to your regularly scheduled AI forum.

[ EDIT: The part that's censored is the "F word" . . . I trust you to know what that is. ]

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: CommonSense ]</p>