Check his out- Blue-tooth cassette tape

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Maybe Apple should come out with a bluetooth 2.0 version to go with the next-gen ipod.

http://www.abe-hk.com/english/produc...e/cassette.htm

Now you can listen to your favorite MP3 tunes through any ordinary cassette tape recorder. The Abe BT 80C Bluetooth Stereo Cassette wirelessly connects Bluetooth-enabled music players or PC to your car or home stereo tape recorder. Just put the Bluetooth Stereo Cassette into any cassette tape recorder, pair and connect it to any Bluetooth-enabled audio devices such as MP3, PDA, CD or PC, you are ready to enjoy your digital music with full sound and convenience.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnsocal

Maybe Apple should come out with a bluetooth 2.0 version to go with the next-gen ipod.

Now you can listen to your favorite MP3 tunes through any ordinary cassette tape recorder. The Abe BT 80C Bluetooth Stereo Cassette wirelessly connects Bluetooth-enabled music players or PC to your car or home stereo tape recorder. Just put the Bluetooth Stereo Cassette into any cassette tape recorder, pair and connect it to any Bluetooth-enabled audio devices such as MP3, PDA, CD or PC, you are ready to enjoy your digital music with full sound and convenience.

I don't think Apple like the idea of a tape adaptor. They're working on deals with the major car manufacturers to get iPods in cars with no quality degradation.
  • Reply 2 of 21
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    all cassette adapters have HISSSSSSSSS
  • Reply 3 of 21
    I didn't think BT supported a transfer rate high enough for audio streams.
  • Reply 4 of 21
    jessearljessearl Posts: 103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnsocal

Is there even a Bluetooth adapter made to work with the iPod?
  • Reply 5 of 21
    This product is perfect if it works. Anybody know where I can buy it from?

I've checked the Abe website but I don't think they sell directly to consumers, only in bulk.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent

yea most new MP3 cell phones have it, its the A2DP profile. you need special headphones though.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    How does the sound quality compare to FM transmitters?
  • Reply 8 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by torgo_98

How does the sound quality compare to FM transmitters?

In my experience tape is better than FM.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    where can i order this??

contact me through [email protected]
  • Reply 10 of 21
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacCrazy View Post

Huh? You mean cassette adapters are better than FM? Because, a) this device doesn't actual involve cassette tape, and b) I think the question was about the quality of the BlueTooth audio spec, which I suspect is not that great given the bandwidth limitations.

So the question is, how good could a heavily compressed BlueTooth stream which is then converted to a modulated analogue voltage that is used to induce a voltage at the playback head of cassette tape mechanism going to sound?

I'm going to go out on a limb and vote for "hideous".
  • Reply 11 of 21
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Yeah, I'll take the the hiss over the squashed FM audio sound any day.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Huh? You mean cassette adapters are better than FM? Because, a) this device doesn't actual involve cassette tape, and b) I think the question was about the quality of the BlueTooth audio spec, which I suspect is not that great given the bandwidth limitations.

So the question is, how good could a heavily compressed BlueTooth stream which is then converted to a modulated analogue voltage that is used to induce a voltage at the playback head of cassette tape mechanism going to sound?

I'm going to go out on a limb and vote for "hideous".

Quote:

I think the question mentions tape adaptors.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Quote:

I think the question mentions tape adaptors.

You may be right. Either way, not likely to sound very good.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:

You may be right. Either way, not likely to sound very good.

Oh, I don't deny that, but better than FM! In my car I found cassette adaptors to be perfectly acceptable but the quality wasn't fantastic but so much engine noise etc. there's no point worrying too much.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Quote:

Oh, I don't deny that, but better than FM! In my car I found cassette adaptors to be perfectly acceptable but the quality wasn't fantastic but so much engine noise etc. there's no point worrying too much.

Right, but I suspect that FM adaptor plus BlueTooth compression might be one compression too far.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

Right, but I suspect that FM adaptor plus BlueTooth compression might be one compression too far.

Oh yes, I meant just use a tape adaptor with a wire. All cars need to start putting in 3.5 mm jacks!
  • Reply 17 of 21
    For the music most people listen to, the quality of audio transmission will not be the limiting factor.

Besides, most of the recordings today (even DVD ones) are pretty shitty anyway, so a little hiss will not matter.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skatman View Post

For the music most people listen to, the quality of audio transmission will not be the limiting factor.

Besides, most of the recordings today (even DVD ones) are pretty shitty anyway, so a little hiss will not matter.

"Hiss" isn't really the problem: we're talking about sharply reduced dynamic range, frequency response and head room.

I don't know what kind of music "most people listen to", but the average CD recording is going to be vastly better than low bit rate encode>bluetooth conversion>cassette adapter. Better enough that even the average listener could tell the difference, even in a car.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThinkingDifferent View Post

A BT cell-phone headset is little more than an audio streaming device.

In any case, I doubt it could handle full-on AIFF streaming, but if the sound is first converted to analog and THEN streamed (source form the headphone jack rather than the iPod plug) the bandwidth requirements are much lower.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

A BT cell-phone headset is little more than an audio streaming device.

In any case, I doubt it could handle full-on AIFF streaming, but if the sound is first converted to analog and THEN streamed (source form the headphone jack rather than the iPod plug) the bandwidth requirements are much lower.

There are 2 profiles in BT for audio. One if the headset profile for voice, one is the advanced audio distribution profile for hifi audio.