The #1 Feature in the iPhone that I want

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Null.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Your carrier reserves the right to send you messages. I guarantee it's in your contract. I've gotten a few from sprint in the past two years, and I got a few from Verizon before I moved to Sprint.

Also, for the record, you never pay for incoming texts.

The amount if time you took writing this thread is probably longer than it will take you to delete all of the corporate texts you'll ever receive.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

I use Ad Blockers in any Browser I use (one more reason I don't use Safari)

There are quite a few ad-blocking plugins for Safari. A visit to Pimp My Safari might help.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Quote:

The amount if time you took writing this thread is probably longer than it will take you to delete all of the corporate texts you'll ever receive.

That is a terrible argument.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    That's all the rage these days. Companies sit on the checks they receive and assess a late fee of $20-$50. Remember 10 years ago when it was just 1.5% interest a month on late payment?

We're being late fee'ed and service charged into poverty these days. What's next? You have bad credit so you have to pay 15 cents a KW hour instead of 10? Sadly as ludicrous as that sounds, I bet we're inevitably headed toward higher prices of absolutely everything for those who do not have perfect credit.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by groverat View Post

That is a terrible argument.

It's not part of an argument that ads aren't annoying. I don't like ads either. However, it does put things into perspective. If you can't realize how minor of an annoyance a text ad once every few months is, then I fear you have no perspective.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Hmm... must be the T-mobile thing.

I have yet to get one message from Cingular.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

It's not part of an argument that ads aren't annoying. I don't like ads either. However, it does put things into perspective. If you can't realize how minor of an annoyance a text ad once every few months is, then I fear you have no perspective.

Slewis is just voicing frustration, like, for me, I hate WINDOZE!! But I am happy to be able to fire up a game or two on it now that I have my 6600GT AMD64 rig BACK. Woooooooo 8)
  • Reply 8 of 14
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Null.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Null.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Null.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Null.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Ah, Slewis is my padawan in learning the dark arts of serial-posting.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Null.