IDVD unexpectedly quits

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
"IDVD unexpectedly quits" That's the error msg I'm getting. I''ve been burning DVD's for a couple of years and suddenly this pops up. Burned a disk 2 days earlier - no problem. I've recaptured the video and rexported thru both Final Cut Express and IMovie. Same Msg. Checked available disk space and there is plenty on both disks. This is IDVD 5.01 under Tiger ( latest) on Powermac G5 with .5 GB memory. I'm past my 3 yr Applecare so with no other answers I can buy iLife 6 and at least have support. Hate to do that with a new iLife coming. Any ideas ??

Thx in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,209moderator
    What does the report say in the unexpectedly quit dialog?

In the mean time, you can use idvd to save as disk image (file menu) instead of burning. Then you can burn this image using a number of apps - Disk Utility, Toast, LiquidCD.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Got the same msg trying to save to disk, All the msg says is "DVD unexpectedly quit"
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jassd View Post

Got the same msg trying to save to disk, All the msg says is "DVD unexpectedly quit"

G'day from Oz

You haven't done a re-install of your OS by any chance? An Archive & Install stuffs iDVD up.

Try re-installing iDVD itself, after trashing the existing iDVD (Don't empty the trash, in case something goes wrong and you need to retrieve it).

Regards

Santa
  • Reply 4 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,209moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jassd View Post

There should be a report button on that dialog. Click it and post the contents of it.