Buying an iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Right, Im considering buying a 2nd Gen Shuffle, here in the UK. From all you people in AppleInsider Lands vast experience... where's the best place to buy?

Apple online store or elsewhere? I've used apple online before, but just wondering if people have found it better to go elsewhere!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fraserdrew View Post

Right, Im considering buying a 2nd Gen Shuffle, here in the UK. From all you people in AppleInsider Lands vast experience... where's the best place to buy?

Apple online store or elsewhere? I've used apple online before, but just wondering if people have found it better to go elsewhere!!

Thanks!

It depends. Sometimes other vendors offer freebies / specials that Apple will never offer. Also, some places have better return policies than Apple. This may not be as much of an issue in the UK, but in the US this can be a big problem (or not) depending on which vendor you use when buying your Apple product.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

... where's the best place to buy?

I just recently ordered my 2nd gen Shuffle online from Apple and have no complaints, if it helps. It was fascinating to see the FedEx shipment tracking - my Shuffle was personally engraved in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China and at my door in Southern California USA in about 60 hours.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Ok, thanks, I;ve used Apple Online for my MacBook, and iPod (4G, 20GB), just wondered if anyone has found better ways, but i think i'll just go ahead and Apple Store it!!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Two thoughts:

Refurb.

On the Apple Store UK Online scroll down and on the bottom right you'll see a "Save" button this take you to the refurbished items. There's only 1G Shuffles there today but they start at just £29. I went for the 1Gb version as I want to use it as a thumb drive too which the 2Gen can't do so well.

Engraving.

Only if you buy online from Apple will you get free engraving. The downside of this is returns are more difficult but with so many iPods out there it's nice to have something Unique about it especially if it is a gift for someone.

mrtotes
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Ok, thanks, I;ve used Apple Online for my MacBook, and iPod (4G, 20GB), just wondered if anyone has found better ways, but i think i'll just go ahead and Apple Store it!!

John Lewis are good, got my macbook from them, when i got RSS i sent it back for a new logic board and had it back within a week, they must not have been busy. the best part is they have a good guarantees. thing is they sell at rrp.