Tablet, or Slate tablet on it's way?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
There is too many threads about a sub notebook, and none about a tablet. After seeing the iPhone I think it's a possibility, and it would rock the world. We need an Apple tablet.

So here is the Poll.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

There is too many threads about a sub notebook, and none about a tablet. After seeing the iPhone I think it's a possibility, and it would rock the world. We need an Apple tablet.

So here is the Poll.

I think we're closer to a phone-less iPhone than a tablet.

...and I'll be first on the list to buy one (if somebody supplies the money, of course.)
  • Reply 2 of 19
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

So here is the Poll.

Get the modbook. I think this niche is a little too small for Apple right now. I bet they're happy to just let a third party develop this product.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    I also think it is out of Apple's attack plan for the time being, but I think a manifestation will come in the new iteration of a subnotebook: it will contain two screens (plus possibly a physical keyboard) and will have double-touch interaction.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I also think it is out of Apple's attack plan for the time being, but I think a manifestation will come in the new iteration of a subnotebook: it will contain two screens (plus possibly a physical keyboard) and will have double-touch interaction.

MacBook DS.

PS. Bergermeister, I bet you're happy to hear that Apple may be about to release a sub notebook Mac. Should go over well in Japan if Apple does it right.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    Absolutely Ecstatic!

Thinking very hard about not upgrading my PowerBook to a MacBook Pro until I see the new thingy; summer...late summer...???? please, Steve....
  • Reply 6 of 19
    I know this belongs in another thread but, I bet the new sub notebook will have a new enclosure material in order to be thinner and lighter than the competition. That and low voltage merom chips. Although I'm not in the market for one I'm looking forward to the product to see what Apple can come up with.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Apple wouldn't have allowed OWC to sell the ModBook if they had a tablet on the way in the next 12-18mths.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    It was presented as the "first" Mac tablet... Apple's will be the "true" Mac Tablet, but will be called something sleeker.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    They hold on to everlasting hope. Would you guys really pay Apple over $2000 for this?

I'm sure Apple prefers this situation as it provides a slate to those who want it without Apple having endure the risk.

The ModBook seems cool. Its currently the only one of a couple of slates that have specs similar to a full notebook with Core Duo2.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    IMO opinion an Apple tablet is more than obvious. Remember Steve Jobs hates phones? Steve Jobs hates tv's? bla bla bla
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

IMO opinion an Apple tablet is more than obvious. Remember Steve Jobs hates phones? Steve Jobs hates tv's? bla bla bla

How come I have a feeling he hated them because the software was never intuitive? So he decides to make it intuitive himself
  • Reply 12 of 19
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

Remember Steve Jobs hates phones? Steve Jobs hates tv's? bla bla bla

He said back in 2005 that Apple was interested in the phone but not in a PDA.

I think the TV thing gets blown out of proportion. From what I remember he spoke of TV being a passive activity, everyone translated that into Steve hates TV.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    mod book.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TenoBell

From what I remember he spoke of TV being a passive activity, everyone translated that into Steve hates TV.

Oh, didn't know that. Ah well most of you guys probably know my feelings on a television from Apple already; I believe it's only a matter of time.

My suggestions to Apple Inc. for an Apple Television;
    1. Black

2. Thin

3. Sexy

4. 100GB internal Hard drive (Build to order option for 250GB)

5. Apple TV Edition Remote (Black)

6. 24Watt internal speakers

7. Side load slot regular format DVD drive (If you want HD DVD buy a player, if you want BD buy a PS3)

8. Plasma (kicks the living crap out of LCD in every repect, OLED and SED aren't ready yet)

9. Stand that can rotate

10. 802.11(all)

11. 1080p

12. Two HDMI's

13. Two USB's

14. At least one SCART

15. Analogue and digital audio etc.

16. Apple TV interface

^I'm in Heaven^

I urge you all to go here and/or here to submit these deatils.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Oh, didn't know that. Ah well most of you guys probably know my feelings on a television from Apple already; I believe it's only a matter of time.

My suggestions to Apple Inc. for an Apple Television;
    1. Black

2. Thin

3. Sexy

4. 100GB internal Hard drive (Build to order option for 250GB)

5. Apple TV Edition Remote (Black)

6. 24Watt internal speakers

7. Side load slot regular format DVD drive (If you want HD DVD buy a player, if you want BD buy a PS3)

8. Plasma (kicks the living crap out of LCD in every repect, OLED and SED aren't ready yet)

9. Stand that can rotate

10. 802.11(all)

11. 1080p

12. Two HDMI's

13. Two USB's

14. At least one SCART

15. Analogue and digital audio etc.

16. Apple TV interface

^I'm in Heaven^

I urge you all to go here and/or here to submit these deatils.

I'm with you on almost all the specs except screen display. I like plasma but actually the most recent LCD sets actually have looked better than plasma. Overall I'm in agreement that Apple can create a very appealing 'tv'.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    ha, with the link you sent i sent them another "idea"

Here's two things apple could do to get more revenue

1- re design the macbooks

- keep them looking the same

- add keyboard backlight

- make a few backlight color options ( red, blue etc... )

- make all the macbooks have a dedicated video card ( at least the more high end 2.0ghz models )

2- re design the macbook pro's

- keep the same design

- add a black macbook pro

- make backlight color options ( red, Blue etc.. )

- lessen price by at least 100 dollars

I hope you consider these enhancements. i think people would go for it and buy them because black is the new white

Also i will want part of the revenue seeing as it was my idea ( about 5 million dollars if possible) <--- just joking.

What do you guys think about those possibilities?
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

Apple wouldn't have allowed OWC to sell the ModBook if they had a tablet on the way in the next 12-18mths.

Apple has no legal way of stopping OWC, or anyone else, from selling any mod they like.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Still got my fingers crossed for a pro-line of tablets. >.<

- Xidius
  • Reply 19 of 19
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

Yes they would! Have you seen the iPhone? Having the modbook out there to stir up curiosity, but fall short on features, and having that as the only competition put's an Apple tablet into a fantastic position to make a huge mark on the word with a tablet. Apple just got lucky because of modbook, and a major boost of enthusiasm with iPhone. You couldn't have planned that better if you set it up your self. Compared to the iPhone the modbook looks like sh*t. Now it's Apples turn. Because compared to any PC tablet Apple could easily do the same to it. Leopard awaits.