Latest Mac OS X 10.4.9 seed patches Bluetooth, DVD burning bugs

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 58
    Nobody downloaded what this article and topic is all about?

I would be grateful to have the links since I am lost in sorted downloads list.
  • Reply 42 of 58
    Hey, I'm glad that You Guys are finally getting the HINT about this being the Final Update to "Tiger".8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
  • Reply 43 of 58
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Stephen... *sigh*

cool11, I think you misread the title of the thread and the contents as well.

The patches are not yet released, they were only seeded to developers for testing.
  • Reply 44 of 58
    Kickaha thanks for your comment.

I wonder when will they release it to public. We are going to march. It is said it is the month the leopard will be out there. I think I ll go directly to leopard. It seems there will be no time gap between these patches and leopard release.
  • Reply 45 of 58
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    The March speculation is just that... pure speculation. While some are sure it'll be March, others are just as sure that there's no way Apple will make the end of June deadline. No one knows.
  • Reply 46 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

The March speculation is just that... pure speculation. While some are sure it'll be March, others are just as sure that there's no way Apple will make the end of June deadline. No one knows.

Start of April 2007 Leopard 10.5.0 full shipping. My prediction. Just noting it here so I can search and dig up this thread and say I told you so I told you so I told you so......!!1!!1!!!
  • Reply 47 of 58
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

It is pretty unusual to be around the end of February and have an Apple so much tightly lipped, software and hardware wise. All the other years we had at least iLife and OS X demo and one or two computer lines updated by this time. This year, except the iPhone announcement, nothing. Hmm...
  • Reply 48 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Start of April 2007 Leopard 10.5.0 full shipping. My prediction. Just noting it here so I can search and dig up this thread and say I told you so I told you so I told you so......!!1!!1!!!

Don't forget to take your umbrella when leaving your home. The World Rumor Center predicts rotten egg rain this time around.

• Reply 49 of 58
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

It is pretty unusual to be around the end of February and have an Apple so much tightly lipped, software and hardware wise. All the other years we had at least iLife and OS X demo and one or two computer lines updated by this time. This year, except the iPhone announcement, nothing. Hmm...

This whole thing has been bothering me as well. My plans for a Mac Pro after Macworld have gone underground for now.

My wife finally decided that I could get her the 24" iMac I wanted to.

I won't buy either until I see what Apple will be coming up with.

I can't believe it will be that long now.
  • Reply 50 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

My wife finally decided that I could get her the 24" iMac I wanted to.

I won't buy either until I see what Apple will be coming up with.

If we believe the other thread in Future Hardware, the iMac would undergo a substantial change in design this Spring. It depends now on how you do look at the matter. Even if the rumor holds true, the current design is mature and bug-free enough to justify a purchase. For others, it would be considered outdated. It is just personal preference and in my opinion, bad luck aside, you cannot go terribly wrong whatever you pick up. Good luck though in your purchase.
  • Reply 51 of 58
    Quote:

If we believe the other thread in Future Hardware, the iMac would undergo a substantial change in design this Spring. It depends now on how you do look at the matter. Even if the rumor holds true, the current design is mature and bug-free enough to justify a purchase. For others, it would be considered outdated. It is just personal preference and in my opinion, bad luck aside, you cannot go terribly wrong whatever you pick up. Good luck though in your purchase.

I don't like purchasing something shortly before it's about to be replaced with an updated model. My assumption is that these won't be later than the dev conf in mid June. It;'s not that she needs a new one now, but I've been trying to get her to let me do it.
  • Reply 52 of 58
    Quote:

I don't like purchasing something shortly before it's about to be replaced with an updated model.

OK, so you are already determined.

Quote:

My assumption is that these won't be later than the dev conf in mid June.

This is my assumption too. Normally, the iMac update should arrive no later than April.
  • Reply 53 of 58
    Quote:

OK, so you are already determined.

It's something I learned a long time ago.

This is my assumption too. Normally, the iMac update should arrive no later than April.

This has been a strange year, so far, with no announcements about anything other than the iPhone, AppleTv, and the new Express, which Jobs didn't even mention.
  • Reply 54 of 58
    Quote:

This has been a strange year, so far, with no announcements about anything other than the iPhone, AppleTv, and the new Express, which Jobs didn't even mention.

Oops, I forgot about AppleTV. I am still wondering how important is this going to be for Apple, but after it dropped the "computers" from the name I assume important enough. But I am not going to stretch it more, the thread is in derail danger now.

The new Express was minor to get any attention in this keynote.
  • Reply 55 of 58
    Quote:

....It is just personal preference and in my opinion, bad luck aside, you cannot go terribly wrong whatever you pick up. Good luck though in your purchase.

Yes Melgross, the iMac is a blessed thing indeed. May the Gods of Dead Pixels have mercy on your screen too. 8)

Even if the iMac was stupendously redesigned, I wouldn't be buying a Rev. A. Seriously.

But talking about Mac updates now, we're looking at a big flow on.

Mac Pro

iMac

Mac Mini to Core2Duo ALREADY!

15" MacBook

....opens the floodgates, end of March announcements made, all ship with Leopard.

....runs FAST with CS3, also announced end of March.

Patience, my pretties, for as this moon cycle completes, the next shall bring wonders beyond your dreams.

END OF MARCH! CLASS DISMISSED !!!
  • Reply 56 of 58
    Quote:

Yes Melgross, the iMac is a blessed thing indeed. May the Gods of Dead Pixels have mercy on your screen too. 8)

Even if the iMac was stupendously redesigned, I wouldn't be buying a Rev. A. Seriously.

But talking about Mac updates now, we're looking at a big flow on.

Mac Pro

iMac

Mac Mini to Core2Duo ALREADY!

15" MacBook

....opens the floodgates, end of March announcements made, all ship with Leopard.

....runs FAST with CS3, also announced end of March.

Patience, my pretties, for as this moon cycle completes, the next shall bring wonders beyond your dreams.

END OF MARCH! CLASS DISMISSED !!!

I always wait a month or so before ordering a major rev.. TYhat has proven to be sufficient.

But, this may not be major, just the usual bumps. Still, I would rather buy a bumped product than one that is on the way out.

Apple may include that which is optional, say the better video card. They may even offer a better one. The Cpu will surely be bumped. Bigger HD? What else?

Enough to wait on, when you don't really NEED it.

with the Mac Pro, though, I don't know. We're getting close to the second half with it possibly. Depending on Intel, It might pay for me to wait a bit longer. My dual 2 GHz G5 is still chugging along. Now that I've dropped pretty much all of my pro work, I don't really need that right now.

If Intel comes out with the 45 nm chips in the second half, that might be something to wait for, considering that it may be possible to upgrade the cpu's after a while. If one gets a machine now, that won't be possible, and the 65 nm generation is running its course, so siginificent upgrades will be out of the question.

45 nm will have a major impact.
  • Reply 57 of 58
    Quote:

45 nm will have a major impact.

That will rocketh. 8) BTW... Jeez, do you *ever* sleep?
  • Reply 58 of 58
    Quote:

That will rocketh. 8) BTW... Jeez, do you *ever* sleep?

Sure, a full 4 hours. But if I had looked, I would have answered earlier. Sadly, I have other things to do.