The case of the missing Mail button...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So the button that says "get mail" in Mac OS X Tiger Mail has gone missing from my user account. I regularly use that button and lately it has gone missing. I don't know what has happened. My wife has her own login and her's has it, but mine does not. Anyone ever had this happen before? I have made such a habit of pressing this button that now I keep hitting the "new mail" button instead.

Thanks for your help,

macaddict16

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Cmd-opt-click on the 'lozenge' in the right end of the title bar. That brings up the toolbar customization sheet. Drag the New Mail button back onto the toolbar, and click Done, lower right.

BTW, that Cmd-opt-click works in (almost) every app with that lozenge in the title bar. Great for customizing your toolbars however you want them.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Cmd-opt-click on the 'lozenge' in the right end of the title bar. That brings up the toolbar customization sheet. Drag the New Mail button back onto the toolbar, and click Done, lower right.

BTW, that Cmd-opt-click works in (almost) every app with that lozenge in the title bar. Great for customizing your toolbars however you want them.

Thanks for the reply. I will try that when I get home from work.

Thanks,

Macaddict16