Please help me get an iPhone!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The link pretty much explains it all, but I'll copy it here anyways.

Mod Edit: Link Nixed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody. I am a 14 year old boy with a great desire to get one of Apple's new iPhones that come out in June. I have been following Apple news sites for years, yet I have never owned anything Apple related but an iPod Mini, which has a dead battery, a hard drive problem and an expired AppleCare plan. Now I feels left out because I am one of the only students in my school without a cell phone or a working iPod. My father believes that there is no logical reason for a child to have a cell phone or an MP3 player (after the Mini broke). However, my father and I have both agreed that I can get an iPhone if I find a legal way to raise money for it. I have been inspired by some others who have attempted this. We agreed to open a PayPal account in my father's name solely for raising enough money for me to buy an iPhone and a cheap plan for it. I am asking you, my fellow Mac fanatics to donate just a small amount of money for my wish to come true. I am a good student and I really think I deserve something like this. So please, donate any amount of money to [email protected] Thank you so much everybody.

x God bless.

Mod Edit: Matt, this is Spam. Do not relink it. - Graham

x Any questions? Just message me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, if you have a problem with me, don't post stuff like "Wow this kids a real loser. GET A JOB!". If you have a problem, go somewhere else cause I don't want to hear it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    hey Matt - I hope nobody contributes to your bullcrap operation you have going here.

I'm going to post how much of a loser you are, because people looking for hand-outs are pathetic pieces of shit. Yes, you are 14, and if you are posting to an online website for money, you probably don't have anyone to call if you DID have an iPhone.

Your little middle school ploy to get money will not work with any educated person...get a job...
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cuencap View Post

hey Matt - I hope nobody contributes to your bullcrap operation you have going here.

I'm going to post how much of a loser you are, because people looking for hand-outs are pathetic pieces of shit. Yes, you are 14, and if you are posting to an online website for money, you probably don't have anyone to call if you DID have an iPhone.

Your little middle school ploy to get money will not work with any educated person...get a job...

1. Your a f*cking jerk.

2. The only reason I'm doing this is because I saw someone else do this for getting a Mac last year who succeeded and I saw someone else do this for an iPhone with a real website and everything. I know It will most likely not work out, but I'm just giving it a shot by throwing it out there.

3. What don't you understand about I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT?

4. When you say to get a job, please, enlighten me, who would hire a 14 year old boy for a job. And I mean a real job. Not lawn mowing or snow shoveling or stuff like that.

5. Why do you assume my name is Matt?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    1 - Your operation is a joke

2 - If someone else jumped off a bridge, would you too? I think so.

3 - I don't wanna hear about your little money scam, so I'll let you know what I think of it.

4 - I know people mowing lawns who make more in one day than you will make during the entire lifetime of this scam.

5 - I'll call you whatever I want.

6 - I know its hard to hear, but you will NEVER make $500 doing this. Not in a million years will you do it. You are better off searching for pennies in your couch and along the roadside...
  • Reply 4 of 12
    mratt...do you kiss your mom with those lips
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IU SRT8 View Post

mratt...do you kiss your mom with those lips

Um... What are you talking about?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mratt93 View Post

The link pretty much explains it all, but I'll copy it here anyways.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everybody. I am a 14 year old boy with a great desire to get one of Apple's new iPhones that come out in June. I have been following Apple news sites for years, yet I have never owned anything Apple related but an iPod Mini, which has a dead battery, a hard drive problem and an expired AppleCare plan. Now I feels left out because I am one of the only students in my school without a cell phone or a working iPod. My father believes that there is no logical reason for a child to have a cell phone or an MP3 player (after the Mini broke). However, my father and I have both agreed that I can get an iPhone if I find a legal way to raise money for it. I have been inspired by some others who have attempted this. We agreed to open a PayPal account in my father's name solely for raising enough money for me to buy an iPhone and a cheap plan for it. I am asking you, my fellow Mac fanatics to donate just a small amount of money for my wish to come true. I am a good student and I really think I deserve something like this. So please, donate any amount of money to. Thank you so much everybody.

x God bless.

x Any questions? Just message me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, if you have a problem with me, don't post stuff like "Wow this kids a real loser. GET A JOB!". If you have a problem, go somewhere else cause I don't want to hear it.

SCAM ARTIST at 14, get a job, dependent, slacky, and how are you going to sign the contract and pay the bill, moron, you expect everything and do nothing to add to society other than post here......you should be spanked, and grounded. and to patronize us with "God bless" your god is your own ego, whiner
  • Reply 7 of 12
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mratt93 View Post

Um... What are you talking about?

1. Your a f*cking jerk.

He means because you censored it and made a typo in the same sentence. Naughty Naughty

It's supposed to be "You're a fucking jerk!"

You also lose points for not using an exclamation point. I present you with a F! (If We were talking about your Citizenship grade it would probably be a U, my 2 favorite letter grades that I get on a regular basis in JROTC)

Otherwise, I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're probably going to have to find another way, or at least try another forum. We've seen our share of spam on these boards far too much already.

Sebastian

• Reply 8 of 12
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    This is the 21st century form of pan handling.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Hey Matt, give me a loan of $500 please, oh and don't expect anything in return, not even your money.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    What the fuck is wrong with you people? I said I don't want to hear your bullshit. The only reason I put a * in fuck is cause I got banned from MacRumors by doing that and I didn't know I could here. As I stated in the link, my dad will be paying the bill so don't call me a fucking moron dipshit. And what kind of a fucking real job, a real job do you expect a 14 year old to get? I'm not asking for $500 from one person. I don't expect to make $500 doing this. As I said, I saw some others doing it, so I'm just copying them by making a shitty MySpace and posting it in a couple places.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Relax man, use the internet to your advantage. Make a website and think of a good idea, that will make you a lot more money and piss off less people. We all want an iPhone.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    This is SPAM. It's also a great example of internet bullying on everyones part.

Matt, get a job. Don't beg.

The rest of you, have some patience with a 14 year old kid.

That being said, Matt, you watch your language. I'm issuing you a warning. Don't make me do it again.

Play nice people. I'm locking this thread - let us never speak of it again.