So Whos holding out for NEW hardware?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 201
    I'm waiting for 10.5 and laptops with 300gb harddrives (which I believe I read are coming out soon).

I'm also picking up a iMac as soon as I feel I'm not getting jipped on the graphics card.

I'm also waiting for a headless wondermac-expando-tower for 1299$. Hell make it 899$. Oops, probably unleashed a monster with this joke
  • Reply 22 of 201
    +1 for Macbook with Santa Rosa and Leopard
  • Reply 23 of 201
    Mac Mini merom with 802.11n and later a penryn led mbp
  • Reply 24 of 201
    I'm waiting also. I definately want to get a MBP, and I was very close to pulling the trigger on one yesterday. With the possability of something new so close, I'm really trying to wait for the new and improved stuff.
  • Reply 25 of 201
    jaddiejaddie Posts: 110member
    Dear Friends

I've been holding out for a new Mac Pro workstation with a big display since this time last year. I plan to purchase whenever the next Mac Pro becomes available so long as updated displays are also available.

I'll probably hold off for a while longer if there are no new displays.

I believe that there'll be both new Mac Pros and new displays by the end of April.

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 26 of 201
    fishafisha Posts: 126member
    i'm waiting too for leopard, a mini update ( or a mid-sized desktop? ) and display update.
  • Reply 27 of 201
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post

Dear Friends

I've been holding out for a new Mac Pro workstation with a big display since this time last year. I plan to purchase whenever the next Mac Pro becomes available so long as updated displays are also available.

I'll probably hold off for a while longer if there are no new displays.

I believe that there'll be both new Mac Pros and new displays by the end of April.

Sincerely,

Jaddie

Why the big hold out on the displays? Surly the Mac Pro update would be the crucial matter? I have a 30" Cinema display and it's fantastic. The only criticism I would give it is that I'd like more connectivity - HDMI and Component etc ala the DELL version. But that's only a want rather than a need. It's not like I need to hook up anything to it other than my Mac, I use my biger TV for anything else!
  • Reply 28 of 201
    I'm waiting, not sure what Mac I'm waiting for though, apart from Leopard. I have a G4 quicksilver, over 5 years old, and a Dell 2407 that i bought last year. I've been looking at the Mac range and honestly can't think what my next Mac would be. The mini at the moment is looking like a poor option with not having a Core 2 processor, it makes the 1.83 MacBook look brilliant for its price. I'd take an iMac if I didn't have a great big screen already, and the Mac Pro is way expensive for me. But the range will probably be completely different by the time summer comes, hardware (Santa Rosa looks like a big step, there may even be a lower priced quad core mac (iMac or tower) but who knows!)
  • Reply 29 of 201
    I'm holding out to see what the Santa Rosa/ Merom-P 20" iMacs are like and might grudgingly buy one. Not my ideal computer by any means, but it's the best offered on the OS.
  • Reply 30 of 201
    So I really need to get a Mac laptop for an upcoming freelance project... this weekend is drop dead to get it. I've been waiting for the rumored upgrades. Does anyone know if I buy one tomorrow and they release new models in the next 30 days if I have a chance at returning it for the newer one?

My buddy did this with a Nano before the current release. I know this is a huge price difference but I will go postal if I buy something that is out of date in 2 weeks. Thoughts or experience with this anyone???
  • Reply 31 of 201
    I will buy a 17" MacBook Pro, black or aluminium

... or a 15" MacBook in shuffle-orange...

BTO: A really big hard drive is a must, I want to carry all my photos with me and will gladly sacrifice speed for storage (need atleast 200Gb, but ideally a 300Gb, perhaps a 4200 RPM Fujitsu?).

Hopefully Apple will offer laser engravings on the MacBook line.
  • Reply 32 of 201
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stain View Post

+1 for Macbook with Santa Rosa and Leopard

Make that +2
  • Reply 33 of 201
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bender0069 View Post

Since I'm going to be a new mac user soon, I'm waiting for leopard and may wait for new hardware. Depends on how patient I can be, but right now my POS computer is working, so waiting is barely tolerable.

I'm in the exact same position, and the waiting is killing me too! I only hope that when the do release the new hardware, we won't have to be guinea pigs for buggy computers at the beginning of the cycle.
  • Reply 34 of 201
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kendoka View Post

Hopefully Apple will offer laser engravings on the MacBook line.

That would be awesome!
  • Reply 35 of 201
    I eneded up getting a refurb this morning. 15" 2.3 Intel Duo 2 Glossy w/ 2gb ram & a 120gbhd. I'm pretty stoked.. my first Mac!
  • Reply 36 of 201
    i'm either getting a macbook or a macbook pro depending on the price when the updated versions come. i'll be buying around this upcoming september, cause that's when i start my first year of college which equals student discount and a larger possibility that i won't be missing out on any of the new upgrades coming.
  • Reply 37 of 201
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aflaaak View Post

I'm in the exact same position, and the waiting is killing me too! I only hope that when the do release the new hardware, we won't have to be guinea pigs for buggy computers at the beginning of the cycle.

*sigh

Every new product has it's bugs. If you're really concerned about not getting a buggy coputer, buy one now. It's not like the current lineup is going to be useless anytime soon. And OS upgrades are cheap.

What's the point of suffering with a crap computer you hate when there's perfectly good ones available right now?
  • Reply 38 of 201
    im waiting on an upgrade to iLife and iWork FAMILY pack and the waiting is sending me potty
  • Reply 39 of 201
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Yup, holding out for a new 15" MacBook Pro with Santa Rosa and LED backlight, shipping with Leopard. ETA: May. Expected features:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (2.2GHz low end model, too)

1440 x 900 pixels

2GB memory

160GB hard drive

8x double-layer SuperDrive (Blu-ray option?)

ATI Mobility Radeon X1900 graphics with 256MB SDRAM (maybe 1800?)
  • Reply 40 of 201
    Add me to the list of users holding out for a new mac (not sure which one) and Leopard.