Anyone tried ASS yet?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
AppleScript Studio you perves! I wonder what acronym they'll use ... At any rate, has anyone tried this yet? I saw on MacNN, that the newest developer tools included it ... so i was just wondering if anyone had tried it, and if it was any good or not ...

Also, it seems to me like AppleScripts, while cool, wouldn't really need a GUI ... sometimes they pop up text boxes, but it looks like mostly they just do background stuff like converting an image to a new size, or "tell"-ing the finder to do something. It looks like you can build full-on OSX apps with this thing, ... which would be neat, as its probably easier to learn AS than Objective-C (Perl is about as far as I go with programming languages).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    ass?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    I tried it once but I was very very young. I'm not proud of it either.

J :cool:
  • Reply 3 of 13
    You guys are all bastards!
  • Reply 4 of 13
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    not as often as I'd like.

just had to...
  • Reply 5 of 13
    I wanna get me some.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Is this a thread to get people to come out of the closet?

Or about doing what most girls won't even think about letting you do no matter how much lubricant?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    No, i heard it was pretty easy to slide into. This A-S-S is a real piece of work. Never seen anything quite this simple, yet satisfying.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    My Girlfriend has offered me ASS in the past ... but I tell her, "No way honey! I'm a P* man all the way.".

* P being Perl ...
  • Reply 9 of 13
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    It will replace Real Basic soon.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    [quote] You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.

<hr></blockquote>

what an awesome .sig
  • Reply 11 of 13
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Thank you. It's a old saying.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Can you do in AppleScript on the Mac, what you can do with VBScript on the PC?

I use VBScript a lot at work and its very powerful. I can access network drives, printers, any application installed on a machine, move files, copy files etc. Basically its what a lot of virii are written with. We use it at work to automate tasks on our users machines. Example:

We just got the goner virus. So I wrote a vbscript that would clean the harddrive and repair the damaged programs (all the virus software). So we sent it as an attachment to all employees and said "Run this to disinfect your machine".

Could something like that be done with AppleScript? If so, does that mean more evil virii will come to the Mac?

Imagine if you got an attachment that said "Open me to see some ass" and then when you ran it it gave you some dumb message about it not working, but secretly behind the scenes it created a backdoor to root access on your machine, and sent your IP out to the hacker that created it. Or am I crazy? :eek: heh
  • Reply 13 of 13
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Too much ass and you might just...

Close this thread. As one said by the veritable Monty Python,

TOO SILLY.