Need new Mouse and Keyboard

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Especially....ESPECIALLYfor the (silver color looking) Pro line.

Just my 2 cents

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    I'm not sure about keyboards...that depends more on what you want to do. But I do have a great suggestion for a mouse setup. This stuff not only matches Apple's Pro line perfectly, it's high end, innovative and quality, just like Apple's Pro computers...and hell, it's even called Razer Pro!

A little known (but rapidly gaining popularity) company called Razer has been making substantial progress in the evolution of the mouse. As a former product tester and reviewer for a well respected PC hardware review website, the Razer line of mice and mousepads are unrivaled in the field of professional multimedia and gaming.

The Razer Pro mouse is highly accurate, incredibly light weight, the L&R click buttons are sensitive and click-able on every portion including the edges and the bottom under your knuckles, the feet are Teflon for silky-smooth tracking over the Razer Pro Pad. The mouse pad is crucial because of the optical tracking and Teflon mouse feet. It's well worth the money and definitely completes the Razer experience.

The Razer Pro v1.6 mouse drivers do support OS X although I have not tested them on a Mac yet. If you are at all into graphics, gaming or anything else that requires precision, I highly recommend these products.

I also encourage anyone to check out Razer and their wonderful line of products.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153001

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817114326

And no, I was not paid to say this
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Yah I would recommend the razer stuff too. I would buy one myself but I recently bought a wireless logitech, before I had heard about this. Also their keyboard that will be coming out sometime seems great.

Or is this about how Apple "needs" a new mouse and keyboard?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    That ugly ass mouse is "pro"? Surprising.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Logitech do a very nice wireless Mac keyboard and mouse:

Logitech Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser for Mac

Lots of iLife integration and iTunes controls on the mouse too.

I forgot to mention that you can buy these in Apple Stores too, so they come recommended.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

That ugly ass mouse is "pro"? Surprising.

Well it's a professional design/gaming mouse. It's made for 100% functionality. But it looks pretty freakin cool if you ask me...newegg pics don't do it justice, i will post some up here of it with the MBP soon.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    I've long used my Trackman Marble (thumb trackball) when I feel like plugging something in. Ordinarily, of course, I use the trackpad on my Powerbook. I do wish Logitech would release a Bluetooth Trackman, but so far (despite a lengthy internet petition) no luck.

The only way I'll buy a new mouse is if: (a) I no longer have to plug it in, and (b) I don't need a mousepad. Oh, and (c) It's not a Mighty Mouse.

Any chance Apple will jump on the Nintendo Wii bandwagon and use a motion-pointer system for any apps? An integrated "sensor bar" (really a couple of LEDs, no sensing function whatsoever) could be built into the display, and Apple could use Steve Jobs' miniaturizing technology to produce a smaller-than-Wiimote pointer thingamajig. It might be neat for some functions...
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoolHandPete View Post

...Apple could use Steve Jobs' miniaturizing technology to...

He brings more to the table than RDF!
  • Reply 8 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

He brings more to the table than RDF!

The RDF only exists if you believe it does.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The RDF only exists if you believe it does.

Mods, is this cause for banishment from the forums?
  • Reply 10 of 14
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I don't think that any single device will make everyone happy, regardless of brand. I don't like the button feel of the Apple keyboards (the key action feels like that of an overly cheap keyboard, IMO) and the Mighty Mouse scroll ball is very delicate and stops working about three times a year, needing a little cleaning. Heck, I don't like the notebook finger-waggers, they just aren't efficient enough for me, I usually take along a corded mouse when I take my notebook.

I think you are best off finding something that you like from a third party and using it. I am using a corded Mighty Mouse, a Wacom tablet and a Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    I find it hilarious that the next to useless windows key and the apple key are in the same place.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoolHandPete View Post

Is this cause for banishment from the forums?

Not that sentence, relax, there's no element of abuse it your words.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Apple really need to rethink their whole keyboard and mouse situation. The Mighty mouse needs some serious attention, and the keyboard's need a refresh with 2.0 USB and iPod docks, and they need to come in silver and black too, for the new line of black iMac's etc.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    There's a small part of me hopes that Apple will put out a MultiTouch tablet similar to the iGesture tablets. Not too hard, since they did buy Fingerworks. But I'm not holding out much hope of that. Even if the iPhone can be the foot in the door to introduce the mass market to MultiTouch, unless Apple can bring the cost down significantly, it won't be accepted. People already scream about the Mighty Mouse which upholds the reputation of Apple stuff being overpriced; they're not going to shell out $100+ for an MT tablet that they have spend time to learn to use.