Just noticed something really funny on here...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So if you check the main forum page, where it says who's online, at the top it has a stat for the most users ever online. Guess when it was (at least as of the time i post this)? Go ahead, guess everyone..... February 14, 2007 at 8:10pm. As in, Valentines Day!!! At 8:10 pm no less!!!

Isn't that embarassing? What does that say about us? Shouldn't we have all ben out taking our significant others to a romantic candle-lit dinner at that time? LOL...instead we were all on here looking up rumors about the next MacbookPro updates or whatever. Not exactly helping to dispell the whole geeky, lonely, computer dork stereotype is it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ijano View Post

Shouldn't we have all ben out taking our significant others to a romantic candle-lit dinner at that time? LOL...instead we were all on here looking up rumors about the next MacbookPro updates or whatever. Not exactly helping to dispell the whole geeky, lonely, computer dork stereotype is it?

You haven't been here very long, have you?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Take that BASH! ( http://bash.org/?53481 )

pk-hq just got owned!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Whoa whoa whoa.

Be careful how you use "we" buddy...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It happened shortly after this thread (WARNING: Not workplace friendly!) was put on digg.com. Horn balls all over the internet were having some fun on Valentine's Day, just not with another person.

• Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Be careful how you use "we" buddy...

LOL...sorry, truth be told, the only reason I used "we" is so I didn't offend everyone else when I said "you all" cuz frankly, I don't remember what I was doing on the evening of Valentines Day, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't reading on this forum (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just didn't happen to be on here). Although it wasn't much more exciting, I'm sure, as my gf (hopefully soon to be fiance - I just switched her to a Mac yeserday after she sold her VAIO that was 2 weeks old and already flooded w/ spyware and crashing on her and placed an order for a MacBook so I know she's a keeper!) and I have a long distance relationship, so no date for me. I think I was watching "Lost" or something.

Quote:

You haven't been here very long, have you?

No, I guess not, but I'm hoping next year - I'm HOPING - that I'll be celebrating my first Valentines Day as a married man, so I won't have to be on here then either. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if by next year I'm rushing home from the restaraunt and logging on real quick while she changes to check the latest rumors on, oh, I don't know, say...the iPhone 2G or whatever it is by then) I'm getting into this whole Mac obsession real quick!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Heh. I used to be so tragically sad every Valentine's Day since I was 11 (That's around the time, as a child in the 80's when you have to stop giving your mum/ best friend/ sister/ etc. a Valentine's Day card... at least in *my* society)............. Pretty silly date [as in, Feb 14 is "Luvv Day"]. But anyways in 2004 Feb 13 at night I got high on Ecstasy and hooked up with a girl from work, she had only been with (a?) girls before. (No not the pr0n site type lesbian stuff, real lesbian stuff... hard to explain, except I would say I'm a lesbian in a man's body) ... Anyway that was good enough for Feb14 to have finally had a "date" and been there done that. Now on with life. The thing is the Valentine's thing wasn't the important bit, it was her last day at work [intern] (umm.. yes I am slimy and naughty and evil -- it was all legal though, I swear..!!) and her and another intern and some peoples were chillin' after clocking off. I swear too, I knew I wanted to approach her more intimately, but after work just chillin in the summer evening (southern hemisphere), it struck me, f*ck hooking up and getting laid and all that. Live now. Enjoy *this* moment -- if I really liked her, just being with her would be alright as it is at that point in time. And indeed it did evolve into something more. Yes alcohol and drugs were involved later that night, but, meh, so is breathing air.

I was on a plane with my parents on Feb 14 this year. Cute, my parents' wedding anniversary is on the 16th of Feb.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ijano View Post

LOL...sorry, truth be told, the only reason I used "we" is so I didn't offend everyone else when I said "you all" cuz frankly, I don't remember what I was doing on the evening of Valentines Day, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't reading on this forum (not that there's anything wrong with that, I just didn't happen to be on here). Although it wasn't much more exciting, I'm sure, as my gf (hopefully soon to be fiance - I just switched her to a Mac yeserday after she sold her VAIO that was 2 weeks old and already flooded w/ spyware and crashing on her and placed an order for a MacBook so I know she's a keeper!) and I have a long distance relationship, so no date for me. I think I was watching "Lost" or something.

No, I guess not, but I'm hoping next year - I'm HOPING - that I'll be celebrating my first Valentines Day as a married man, so I won't have to be on here then either. (Though I wouldn't be surprised if by next year I'm rushing home from the restaraunt and logging on real quick while she changes to check the latest rumors on, oh, I don't know, say...the iPhone 2G or whatever it is by then) I'm getting into this whole Mac obsession real quick!

Don't worry about the whole marriage thing! Just be thankful you have someone that you like and lubbb and luvvs you back and all that. And that you can also chill out here and geek out. Geeking out is good therapy..!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    decemberdecember Posts: 62member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Heh. I used to be so tragically sad every Valentine's Day since I was 11 (That's around the time, as a child in the 80's when you have to stop giving your mum/ best friend/ sister/ etc. a Valentine's Day card... at least in *my* society)............. Pretty silly date [as in, Feb 14 is "Luvv Day"]. But anyways in 2004 Feb 13 at night I got high on Ecstasy and hooked up with a girl from work, she had only been with (a?) girls before. (No not the pr0n site type lesbian stuff, real lesbian stuff... hard to explain, except I would say I'm a lesbian in a man's body) ... Anyway that was good enough for Feb14 to have finally had a "date" and been there done that. Now on with life. The thing is the Valentine's thing wasn't the important bit, it was her last day at work [intern] (umm.. yes I am slimy and naughty and evil -- it was all legal though, I swear..!!) and her and another intern and some peoples were chillin' after clocking off. I swear too, I knew I wanted to approach her more intimately, but after work just chillin in the summer evening (southern hemisphere), it struck me, f*ck hooking up and getting laid and all that. Live now. Enjoy *this* moment -- if I really liked her, just being with her would be alright as it is at that point in time. And indeed it did evolve into something more. Yes alcohol and drugs were involved later that night, but, meh, so is breathing air.

I was on a plane with my parents on Feb 14 this year. Cute, my parents' wedding anniversary is on the 16th of Feb.

Damn, I have absolutely no clue who this new guy is.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    ijanoijano Posts: 19member
    Thanks for the love story nvidia! LOL....as for the whole marriage thing, you're right, i'm very happy just to have someone, but I guess after so much time of long distance, there's definately something nice about the stability of marriage. Plus, I know a lot of people see the process of marriage as an uneccessary process of paperwork, and I could see why people would think that, but I guess I'm just old fashioned that way. It's be cool to see her new driver's license w/ my last name on it! Something about it all just really completes the "union" for me.

Anyway, i'm glad you found your happiness - even if it is a whole lot different than mine.

ps - i dig the signature! it took me a second (I'm not a programmer or even in the industry) but i got it