Apple works 7

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by eVo:

<strong>The thing that peeves me about Word is how its auto correct features are on by default. I should be able to install Word, start typing, and write a document without the word processor interfering.

What if I want to write the word "teh"? What if I want to write a sentence with the first letter lowercase? What if I don't want red and green lines drawn all over the place?

It should be off by default. </strong><hr></blockquote>

The auto features drive me crazy - I agree the default should be "off."I learned long ago that the best thing for me after installing Word was to go through every conceivable option in every conceivable place and turn off everything.

I write many theological papers, and a common abbreviation is OT (Old Testament). But don't let Word get hold of that. The only solution I cam up with was to add another auto-correct to reverse TO to OT. Yuck!!

I have Office 2001 because of two jobs teaching at which Windows is it. This allows me to write curriculum and develop PowerPoint myself and not have headaches.

But any serious writing - it is Nisus Writer. And NW is being written from the ground up as a Cocoa version, not just a carbonized form of NW 6.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Try writing fora... you get for a instead (with a space).

Amorya
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Composer is VERY nice.........Goodbye MS Word!
  • Reply 24 of 25
    If you folks really like and enjoy Composer, email the developer and give him your thoughts/suggestions, I did and he was responsive.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    solosolo Posts: 89member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>I have Word set to ignore the passive voice since I like to write in passive voice sometimes.

Things like auto-correcting "hte" to "the" and "i" to "I" and "adn" to "and" are super handy for me, but the red squiggly is a double-edged sword. It is somewhat useful but it is highly annoying when typing up a paper for Spanish.

You can turn all that kind of stuff off, no sweat.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I got a neat little app called claris works 5 in spanish. Has all the functionality of the old clarisworks but also can spell check your spanish papers. very handy for people like me who are dumbasses about accent marks