EV Nova coming soon!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Woohoo! It's entered the last planned beta build! FCs are next!

<a href="http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum18/HTML/000007-2.html"; target="_blank">http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum18/HTML/000007-2.html</a>;

I can't wait until this game starts to negativly affect my grades.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    I hope this game has incredibly long plot lines. I hated it when my work for the human race only lasted for a day of playing.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>I hope this game has incredibly long plot lines. I hated it when my work for the human race only lasted for a day of playing.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm sure it won't fail to dissappoint! EV & EVO were excellent, I'm sure EV:Nova will be incredible!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    enderender Posts: 353member
    As for length... the developers have mentioned that this game is mammoth compared to EV and EVO. They said that the difference between EVN and EVO is even more startling than the difference between EV and EVN. I believe that the developer in charge of the storylines/missions said that there are more than 500 missions that he alone wrote for the plot. That's a ton. More than double that in EVN, I believe.

Anyway, EVN will not disappoint.

-Ender
  • Reply 4 of 13
    dude, if you are going to use acronyms for versions, at least use the right ones... that made no sense at all...

[quote]More than double that in EVN, I believe.<hr></blockquote>

uhh, EVN is the version that's about to come out... does this means it's twice the size of itself?

[quote] "They said that the difference between EVN and EVO is even more startling than the difference between EV and EVN"

<hr></blockquote>

EV=1st game EVO=2nd game EVN=3rd game. You just said the difference between the second and third is more than the third and the first. The second had MORE than the first so this isn't possible....
  • Reply 5 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Eupfhoria:

<strong>dude, if you are going to use acronyms for versions, at least use the right ones... that made no sense at all...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Picky picky...

Hey! Let's pick out a typo and point and ricidule and make fun of the guy who made it! Sheesh...

He meant that EV: Nova will have twice as many missions as EV: Override
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Yeah, yeah... so I screwed up a letter...

I also write iMac about 60% of the time that I actually mean iBook...

Anyway, you all can check the EVN boards out at <a href="http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=26"; target="_blank">http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=26</a>;

Ambrosia Software's website has been really slow ever since they released Deimos Rising. I can't begin to imagine what EVN will do to their traffic... this could get ugly. Yes, even uglier that Joe Mama, Eupfhoria.

[ok, that was cheap, but I couldn't resist. I'll watch my acronyms from now on.]

-Ender
  • Reply 7 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Ender:

<strong>this could get ugly. Yes, even uglier that Joe Mama, Eupfhoria.

-Ender</strong><hr></blockquote>

Funny .

The preambles were a nice touch, I think the story is going to be a very involved one. I can't wait! Release it already!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    YES! EV and EVO are the only games on my computer, and they're getting a bit lonesome.

I look forward to months of play.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    I can't wait to fire up EV Nova and blast my way through yet another galaxy! :cool:

I'm glad that the ATMOS crew was brought in to do the Nova scenario and graphics. Override's storylines were neat, but its graphics left a lot to be desired.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Daver:

<strong>Override's storylines were neat, but its graphics left a lot to be desired.</strong><hr></blockquote>

AGREED. I just wonder if Nova's graphics are also made in Infini-D.

At least the new graphics engine sounds... how shall I put this?... powerful!
  • Reply 11 of 13
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    EV Nova's ship and outfit graphics were modelled and rendered in Lightwave, while planetary landscapes were done in Bryce.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    [quote]I'm glad that the ATMOS crew was brought in to do the Nova scenario and graphics. Override's storylines were neat, but its graphics left a lot to be desired.<hr></blockquote>

The interesting part is that ATMOS was originally writing the scenario as a total conversion plug for EV:O. Ambrosia noticed and eventually the project is EV:N. So it's not so much that ATMOS was brought "on-board" to do parts of the game, it was really their baby from the get-go.

It's really great to see such cooperation between publishers and groups with wonderfully original content.

-Ender

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Ender ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by Ender:

<strong>

It's really great to see such cooperation between publishers and groups with wonderfully original content.

-Ender

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Ender ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes it is. Something you'd never see with larger companies.