Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Apple to hold special event at NAB

Hmmmm... Guesses anyone?

I say Mac Pro. Whooot!

Yep and possibly mac mini? Both long overdue an update
  • Reply 2 of 35
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    I hear there's new Final Cut software on the way. That seems most likely.
  • Reply 3 of 35
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Obvious but true.
  • Reply 4 of 35
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Quote:

Hmmmm... Guesses anyone?

I say Mac Pro. Whooot!

Well... if Mac Pros don't come by the end of March, then they better come at this NAB event. I'm tired of waiting for the new line up. I want new Mac Pros NOW.

There was a time when you only had to wait 6 months for a new release of desktop Macs.
  • Reply 5 of 35
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Apple to hold special event at NAB

Hmmmm... Guesses anyone?

I say Mac Pro. Whooot!

Announcement of the release date for Leopard (somewhere in May/june).
  • Reply 6 of 35
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Remember the rumors of Penryn coming in the first half of the year. I wonder... Nah, it couldn't be, or could it?
  • Reply 7 of 35
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Apple may wait to announce the new Mac Pros but who knows. I tend to think they may announce Mac Pros and Leopard on the same day.

NAB certainly is about video products so expect the full line of video stuff to be updated save for maybe Final Cut Express.

No consumer Macs will be announced/updated so forget Mac mini and Macbooks.
  • Reply 8 of 35
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

No consumer Macs will be announced/updated so forget Mac mini and Macbooks.

I think Murch is right here. But what the hell is taking so long to update the mini?
  • Reply 9 of 35
    jaddiejaddie Posts: 110member
    Dear hmurchison & Friends

I'm counting on Mac Pros sporting quad-core 3GHz processors and updated Cinema Displays. I figure Apple will also use the event to formally unveil Leopard and usher in Final Cut Pro and iLife '07.

Do you think we'll see updated displays then?

Sincerely,

Jaddie
  • Reply 10 of 35
    dual Quad Core procs at 3Ghz

Leopard with faster encoding of h.264 in QT

iLife 07 bundled with Leopard

Final Cut Pro 6

DVD Studio Pro 5 with Blu-ray/HD DVD support

Motion 3 with Z Axis

Soundtrack Pro 2

Shake 4.5 now included with improved integration (phenomenon coming)

Compressor Pro with AVC and VC-1 Encoding

Dolby DD+ and TrueHD encoding (optional)

Core Animation support in leopard on most apps.

Media Management across all apps with shared/networked Media Manager

Apple Artbox- Media Management for Broadcast industry and video professionals

Apple Final Touch HD with gonzo performance via the GPU

Logic Pro 8 with peer integration with FCS workflow

I can't stop drooling.

30 2560x1560 Cinema Display

27" 1920x1200 Cinema Display

24" 1920x1200 Cinema Display

22" 1650x1080 Cinema Display

iSight in them all. New speaker options.
  • Reply 11 of 35
    hmurchison is on a role. That's what I'm talking about!
  • Reply 12 of 35
    Revised speculation. Being that I don't think Apple will release new Mac Pro's without Leopard. I'm going to guess that leopard may be released before NAB. (I wish) So there will be Final Cut Studio 2, and all the NAB goodies will be ready to go on a new Mac Pro.

BTW, Zbrush3 is going to be released May 15th. with support for 32 and 64 bit systems, multithreaded support for up to 256 processors, and up to 1 billion polygons. WOW! That app is going to scream on a Mac Pro with dual Quads.
  • Reply 13 of 35
    Quote:

Revised speculation. Being that I don't think Apple will release new Mac Pro's without Leopard. I'm going to guess that leopard may be released before NAB. (I wish) So there will be Final Cut Studio 2, and all the NAB goodies will be ready to go on a new Mac Pro.

BTW, Zbrush3 is going to be released May 15th. with support for 32 and 64 bit systems, multithreaded support for up to 256 processors, and up to 1 billion polygons. WOW! That app is going to scream on a Mac Pro with dual Quads.

Yeah Baby! I was just checking out Zbrush and was shocked that it was still on version 2. Version 3 is going to be a banger. Hey did you check out Vue 6?

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_6/ OMG that demo is unreal. Er real. If I can do anything close that that I'm buying it.

I'm also interested in seeing what Luxology has instore for Modo this year.

I think the biggest "little" thing that I'm interested in seeing in Leopard is the performance of apps now that the rendering in OS X is on its own thread and OpenGL is much faster.

That would be really cool if Leopard was announced on April 10th along with iLife and iWork and then we could see Leopard demoing FCS 2 at NAB.
  • Reply 14 of 35
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I believe there's a strong chance of MacPro coming at NAB with new enclosures. BUT:

do we need to have Leopard here to take full advantage of the multi-core processors?

So that would mean Leopard is either coming before NAB or they will announce MacPro with shipping dates for after Leopard.

Another thing to look is if Adobe is going to release CS3 prior or during NAB.

Is very interesting. If not at NAB for sure at WWDC MacPro octo will be here.

Another thing to consider is MacBook Pro announcement at NAB without the need of Leopard. Then later at WWDC MacPro.

Cinema displays will come alongside MacPro and I am pretty positive with new enclosures.

Very exciting, time to save $ and look forward to put my G5 Quad on eBay.
  • Reply 15 of 35
    The chance of MBP at NAB are very slim being that it is in mid product cycle.
  • Reply 16 of 35
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

The chance of MBP at NAB are very slim being that it is in mid product cycle.

Actually, it will be very close to the end of a product cycle when NAB occurs.
  • Reply 17 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

Actually, it will be very close to the end of a product cycle when NAB occurs.

But the Mac Pro is past due, and so the Mac Mini. These things happen in order. Mac Pro will come first. MBP will probably show at WWDC or a special event after.
  • Reply 18 of 35
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

But the Mac Pro is past due, and so the Mac Mini. These things happen in order. Mac Pro will come first. MBP will probably show at WWDC or a special event after.

Past due according to whom? There's no set release dates at specific intervals for Apple computers.
  • Reply 19 of 35
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rageous View Post

Past due according to whom? There's no set release dates at specific intervals for Apple computers.

Past due according to average release times between releases. Mac Pro is past due for an update, this is the perfect time for one.
  • Reply 20 of 35
    The new MBP will come out about a month after Santa Rosa is released. Simple as that. No need to speculate.