Paint

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I loved MS Paint when I had a windows comp. Thats one of the biggest things I miss, a simple paint program anyone know any for mac? Free or not. Preferebly simple. I have photoshop but when i wana do some quick simple things its a hassle to use photoshop.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    There's a few of them out there, but I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. You wont get the response you're looking for around here. I posted a thread on this last year and was expecting people to be saying; "Yeah what's up with that?" or "That pisses me off too, I cannot understand it." Instead though I got; "There's a few drawing apps out there, will that do?" There's some great drawing apps around the web, go look." But there's not. There's seashore etc., but none of them are any good. To think that was one of the things that was demoed on the screen on Mac in 1984, but you can't get a decent paint app for the Mac now, what the hell gives?? Hell DeLux Paint for my Amiga 500 was better than anything out there for the Mac now. It's stupid, absolutely stupid. While Apple is off concocting a way to save the world from RSS, they can't even put together a simple paint app. This is a classic case of Steve Job's pride, he wont release anything unless he can blow the world away. Well this case is different Steve, all we need is a simple retard paint app like MS Paint, or DeLux Paint. I hope to God they listened to all those who gave some feedback on the matter. Apple works had a Paint app, it was crap but it was better than nothing. Beef it up a little and jam it into Leopard.

Tell Apple, i did. You can tell them here.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I totally agree. Here are some basic free ones...

Teal:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/13173

Palette:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9776

Here are some REALLY cool shareware alternatives... ArtRage is the Shizznit if you're serious about doing some drawing.. Really worth trying out and a steal at 20$...

ArtRage:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/18357

Rita:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19331
  • Reply 3 of 5
    This is literally the only thing that bothers me about macs (I would say my mac--but this particular machine has some issues) Apple had MacPaint back in the day, why can't they dig up it's grave and update it to OS X. Sometimes you just need a good, simple drawing program. But apple never will. It's fine and dandy that I can download some free-ware--but I shouldn't have to, and apple would make it better anyway.

Another similar thing is the lack of fullscreen in the non-pro version of Quicktime, WTF is up with that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

There's a few of them out there, but I COULDN'T AGREE MORE. You wont get the response you're looking for around here. I posted a thread on this last year and was expecting people to be saying; "Yeah what's up with that?" or "That pisses me off too, I cannot understand it." Instead though I got; "There's a few drawing apps out there, will that do?" There's some great drawing apps around the web, go look." But there's not. There's seashore etc., but none of them are any good. To think that was one of the things that was demoed on the screen on Mac in 1984, but you can't get a decent paint app for the Mac now, what the hell gives?? Hell DeLux Paint for my Amiga 500 was better than anything out there for the Mac now. It's stupid, absolutely stupid. While Apple is off concocting a way to save the world from RSS, they can't even put together a simple paint app. This is a classic case of Steve Job's pride, he wont release anything unless he can blow the world away. Well this case is different Steve, all we need is a simple retard paint app like MS Paint, or DeLux Paint. I hope to God they listened to all those who gave some feedback on the matter. Apple works had a Paint app, it was crap but it was better than nothing. Beef it up a little and jam it into Leopard.

Tell Apple, i did. You can tell them here.

Which feed back type would it be, BTW?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    There is also a free version of ArtRage. Might fit the bill for a basic paint program for you.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I can't stress this enough... ArtRage ROCKS! You should definetily try it out...