Apple bit by Apple TV setback

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

The delay did have an effect though. Losing almost three weeks of sales on a highly anticipated product very late into the quarter will have a noticeable effect on sales, earnings, and margins. There won't be enough time left in the quarter to make up for the lost sales.

The stock price had already accounted for the amount of sales expected. now that will be cut, so the price dropped.

How much was due to the market, and how much was due to the announcement? That's hard to say.

But to discount it entirely, is wrong.

Assuming from $90, I'd say a slip to $88.30 would be "rational" for the AppleTV delay. Though on an earnings-per-share basis, it's really not a big deal, Apple will outperform their guidelines for the Jan-March quarter anyway. The Chinese panic would have caused the further slip to $83.50. But these are just numbers out of my *** because, well, the stock market is not rational.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Assuming from $90, I'd say a slip to $88.30 would be "rational" for the AppleTV delay. Though on an earnings-per-share basis, it's really not a big deal, Apple will outperform their guidelines for the Jan-March quarter anyway. The Chinese panic would have caused the further slip to $83.50. But these are just numbers out of my *** because, well, the stock market is not rational.

NO purchasing is rational!

Finally, last year, the economics world realised and rewarded that concept, by giving the two researchers that developed the model, a Nobel Prize.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    AAPL looks to be around $87 now. Priced more in line with the AppleTV delay, etc. etc. But Apple's capabilities 1st half of this calendar year at this stage are underestimated by the market in my view. Apple's Jan-March 2007 earnings report in early/mid April (before NAB announcement, I assume) will prove that... Then shoring up the product portfolio with updated Macs, Leopard, Adobe Universal CS3, etc, before the STORM that is the iPhone.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

AAPL looks to be around $87 now. Priced more in line with the AppleTV delay, etc. etc. But Apple's capabilities 1st half of this calendar year at this stage are underestimated by the market in my view. Apple's Jan-March 2007 earnings report in early/mid April (before NAB announcement, I assume) will prove that... Then shoring up the product portfolio with updated Macs, Leopard, Adobe Universal CS3, etc, before the STORM that is the iPhone.

Yes. I expect the third quarter to be a very good one. Hopefully, they will get most of these products out the door early in the quarter.