Top 5 Games You'd Like to See Ported

Comments

• Reply 41 of 76
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    [quote]Originally posted by Xool:

<strong>Civ 3, Civ 3, Civ 3...

February, February, February...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hooray! Picked up a copy of Civ 3 at MacWorld for $40! Guess what I'm doing tonight?! (Actually I got it Tueday, but decided to play rather than post about it. )
  • Reply 42 of 76
    jesperasjesperas Posts: 524member
    Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal (that doesn't suck)

• Reply 43 of 76
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Wizardry 8. Wizardry was the greatest of all games back in the day. And it was first on the old Apple II. It would be great for this to come out for the Mac.

I still feel that if Apple had made some compatability between the Apple II and the Mac - we would have ruled the world!
  • Reply 44 of 76
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Sims Hot Date (already being worked on by the good folks at Aspyr)

SimTown

Sims Online

Monopoly Tycoon
  • Reply 45 of 76
    1.) Civ III

2.) Black & White

3.) Heroes of Might and Magic IV

In that order.
  • Reply 46 of 76
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I can't think of any.
  • Reply 47 of 76
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Civilization III all the wya, baby.
  • Reply 48 of 76
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    Star Wars Galaxies

and yes, Ultima Online

I wanna play on UOX servers

Old School UO rules.
  • Reply 49 of 76
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    Hmm.....

Well, I have a PS2 so I have games like GTA3, GT3, MGS2, THPS3, et al.

I am eagerly awaiting the new Links and Flight Simulator 2002.

I would like to see, like Applenut said, MS Train Simulator. I love model trains.

Not overly concerned with the games as like I said, I have a PS2.

Man, a Mac and a PS2. The best of both worlds.
  • Reply 50 of 76
    Cobra- Do you know if the new version of Links is supposed to be out in stores yet? I saw that the release was changed back to early January I think after they originally said November! I also have seen ads for it in the last 2 MacWorld issues.......so what's up. I went to CompUSA and they didn't have it there, although my CompUSA has like nothing, especially when it comes to Mac. I've been waiting for this mother****er since it came out for PC! It's like the only game I want.
  • Reply 51 of 76
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Everybody dying for some new FPS action out there should go download the Urban Terror mod for Q3. It's a helluva lotta fun...I just blew the last 6 hours playing online and got really good.

Simple, fun, and realistic weapons. There's nothing like sniping someone on the other side of the map with one shot. The graphics are very nice too (it's based on Q3, what would you expect?)
  • Reply 52 of 76
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Add Salt Lake City 2002 to the list.

I can't stand it. Only for PS2 and PC. I have a gamecube and a mac

I would think that it would be a good title for the mac and profitable. There are no sport games for the mac. It sucks.

and why not for the gamecube?

I have always been able to see the progress in the console world by the winter olympic game.

NES has the winter olympics

SNES had Winter Olypic Games: Lillehammer '94

N64 had Nago Winter Olympics 98 and Olympic Hockey 98

Gamecube has nothing

Sigh... I have actually started pricing how much it would cost to build a cheap PC to play some of the games we miss out on.
  • Reply 53 of 76
    SimCity 3000 Unlimited.

Also, I wish Maxis would offer a discount for PC owners of SC3000 that would like the Mac version. I own both SC3k and SC3k Unlimited for PC, but I am not going to shell out more money for the Mac version (plus it might run slower too).
  • Reply 54 of 76
    Command & Conquer: Renegade

It has to be the most rockinest game I ever saw.
  • Reply 55 of 76
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by kHack:

<strong>SimCity 3000 Unlimited.

Also, I wish Maxis would offer a discount for PC owners of SC3000 that would like the Mac version. I own both SC3k and SC3k Unlimited for PC, but I am not going to shell out more money for the Mac version (plus it might run slower too).</strong><hr></blockquote>

the mac versions sucks. it's playable on new hardware but if you have "older" machines like revision a-d iMacs or Lombard or Wallstreets or Beige G3s forget about it unless you have a ton of ram for it. the port was horrible. it's as if they are running it in emulation.

still a fun game though
  • Reply 56 of 76
    HalfLife was ported some time ago but Sierra in their infinite wisdom killed the product instead of distributing it.
  • Reply 57 of 76
    True I got Sim City 3000 when it first came out. It didn't run well on my beige G3, and I could never save my cities. Eventually I basically stopped playing it all together with. It's cool and all but had too many problems with it. Sim City 2000 was a lot better IMHO, and I had the Special Unlimited Super Duper whatever it was version.

I am also waiting patiently for Links 2002 CE (already ordered it but Bold delayed the b*tch), Flight Simulator 2002, and I want Train Simulator too. With Bold taking this long to get Links out the door, I doubt we'll see Flight Simulator before the end of this year.

Seriously, they originally said the new Links out in October....then November....then December....then January...then now mid-Febuary.

Argh!

Add Tiger Woods 2002 to the list, however I doubt it will happen.
  • Reply 58 of 76
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Is Unreal Tournement ready for OSX?

I have seen a Beta but I'm too scared to try it:

and how come it won't get online without crashing: even with the 436 upgrade and mods and all?

And whats this Unreal2?

any descriptions?
  • Reply 59 of 76
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    /Matt wants RtCW (which seems to be in perpetual final candidate )

Note About SC3K: It did run under emulation. Nice of them to put an already slow game under emulation.
  • Reply 60 of 76
    I'm not much of a gamer, but if they ever do port <a href="http://www.unreal2.com"; target="_blank">Unreal2</a>, and if it looks half as good as the screenshots, not only will I buy it, but I will pull the GeForce4MX from my new dual1G and get a real GeForce 4.