Touch Ipod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey,

does anybody have information, when the new ipod with the touch display is going to be released?? I dont want to buy the current one when a new one is coming out within the next couple months. I also saw some really impressive ideas how it could look like and i just want to buy it It's so nice!!!

I already tried to find information about it, but they're either old or not really helpful, also information are really rare.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toucher View Post

Hey,

does anybody have information, when the new ipod with the touch display is going to be released?? I dont want to buy the current one when a new one is coming out within the next couple months. I also saw some really impressive ideas how it could look like and i just want to buy it It's so nice!!!

I already tried to find information about it, but they're either old or not really helpful, also information are really rare.

I have a few quick guesses.

Never

Tomorrow

Maybe Soon

When Apple Feels like It

April 1st

The Month after Next

WWDC

A Special Event of some sorts

Oooh I know, when Apple doesn't run the risk of cannibalizing the iPhone (this one I'm serious on so relax) because I don't believe Apple wants to release a product that would compete with their own right now, and the iPhone is an iPod.

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 7
    touchertoucher Posts: 3member
    I want it though !!

We can just hope that it will be released this year
  • Reply 3 of 7
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    3rd or 4th 1/4 this year is looking most likely.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    First quarter of 2008. Unless the iPhone takes off so well that Apple decides a touch screen video iPod wouldn't confuse buyers, in which case it might be a xmas item.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    bdj21yabdj21ya Posts: 297member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willrob View Post

First quarter of 2008. Unless the iPhone takes off so well that Apple decides a touch screen video iPod wouldn't confuse buyers, in which case it might be a xmas item.

I like this description--if the customer might choose to get a new video iPod instead of the phone, then they are "confused" by the options.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    dehjrdehjr Posts: 8member
    after the iphone is released. probably near christmas.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    touchertoucher Posts: 3member
    Shit!

Problem is i'm not in the u.s. anymore at christmas time and back in europe the ipod is way expensiver than here. too bad!