I Want My NEW MACBOOK PRO!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 104
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by b3ns0n View Post

I'd rather see the vile cursing than such flagrant abuse of English as is displayed by your unnecessary apostrophe insertion.

It confuses me that people think that Apple owes them products. I'd say don't plan seeing on a new MacBook Pro before WWDC, although anything is possible.

You're right of course. Apple don't owe no one nothing! It just helps Apple to stay in business to deliver products that their consumers buy, and as one of those in the "base" who have been buying one after another since 1984, I am a little anxious to see what comes along with Leopard.
  • Reply 22 of 104
    and I wanna have a small new macbook! what do you think?
  • Reply 23 of 104
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I think there are quite a few of us waiting for a new MacBook Pro but looking at the Core 2 Duo line, I don't think we're going to see any drastic changes, possibly a speed bump to 2.4 GHz if Intel does release the T7800.

The main thing to remember is that the Pro Laptop line hasn't seen a major redesign since the PowerBook G4 was first announced in January of 2001. Yes, there was the switchover from the TiBooks to the Aluminum PowerBooks but that wasn't a major redeisgn. Eventually, we're going to see something new.

If Intel can get the Merom XE processors out the door, we could see 2.6 GHz and 2.8 GHz as a real possibility in the MacBook Pro line and in the iMac line. That would open the door for 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBooks and 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo Mac Minis.

Welcome to the forums, just calm down with the profanity in the future.
  • Reply 24 of 104
    tonyd007tonyd007 Posts: 36member
    How about Blu Ray??? What are the chances?
  • Reply 25 of 104
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I doubt Apple will include a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD drive in anything other than the Mac Pro any time soon.
  • Reply 26 of 104
    How about Hybrid Hard Drives?
  • Reply 27 of 104
    How about a 2 button mouse pad? Any Chances?
  • Reply 28 of 104
    How about dedicated audio control buttons on the keyboard and dedicated Expose and Dashboard buttons instead of F11 and F12?
  • Reply 29 of 104
    elderlocelderloc Posts: 146member
    Dude trying to predict what Apple will do is almost as bad as trying to measure quantum particles.

I feel your pain I just bought a brand new MBP 17, 7 days ago. I could take it back an loose a few dollars on restock fees but then again we all know how launches go. If I knew for sure the Dispaly and video card were getting bumped I would do it.

But no way of knowing.
  • Reply 30 of 104
    elronelron Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TonyD007 View Post

How about Blu Ray??? What are the chances?

Quote:

How about Hybrid Hard Drives?

Quote:

How about a 2 button mouse pad? Any Chances?

Quote:

How about dedicated audio control buttons on the keyboard and dedicated Expose and Dashboard buttons instead of F11 and F12?

Whoa there, Captain Post Count. There's a new feature on this board called "You can include more than 1 question per post". You should probably look into it.

Anyway, here are the answers to your questions:

1. I don't know about this one. Blu-Ray seems to be the way of the future, but aren't the prices still pretty high? I can't see Apple sticking them in the consumer lines. If they show up anywhere I think it will be the Mac Pro.

2. Hybrid drives sound pretty cool, but I think we're more likely to see Intel's Robson technology. They're pretty similar -- it's really just a matter of where the flash memory is placed. I don't know that the performance gains are all they're cracked up to be, but if it makes my laptop's battery last a few more minutes then sign me up.

3. No. (edit to clarify: I think the 2 finger+click = control+click trackpad is here to stay. It has more cachet than your standard 2 button trackpad. Plus -- and someone will probably question my mental capacity for saying this, but oh well -- I always click the wrong button on my PC laptop. It's hard to tell those little guys apart!)

4. I seriously doubt it.
  • Reply 31 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elron View Post

Whoa there, Captain Post Count. There's a new feature on this board called "You can include more than 1 question per post". You should probably look into it.

Anyway, here are the answers to your questions:

1. I don't know about this one. Blu-Ray seems to be the way of the future, but aren't the prices still pretty high? I can't see Apple sticking them in the consumer lines. If they show up anywhere I think it will be the Mac Pro.

2. Hybrid drives sound pretty cool, but I think we're more likely to see Intel's Robson technology. They're pretty similar -- it's really just a matter of where the flash memory is placed. I don't know that the performance gains are all they're cracked up to be, but if it makes my laptop's battery last a few more minutes then sign me up.

3. No. (edit to clarify: I think the 2 finger+click = control+click trackpad is here to stay. It has more cachet than your standard 2 button trackpad. Plus -- and someone will probably question my mental capacity for saying this, but oh well -- I always click the wrong button on my PC laptop. It's hard to tell those little guys apart!)

4. I seriously doubt it.

How about answering another:

5. What are the chances Apple will include an embedded "sensing display" (e.g., intra-screen iSight) in the next iteration of the MBP? (i.e., the one referenced in the Apple patent as described here)?
  • Reply 32 of 104
    dean812dean812 Posts: 32member
    Quote:

GOSH DARN IT!!!!!!!! I want a Macbook Pro with Leopard installed from the factory. When does everybody think new Macbook Pro's will come out???? And what features are you predicting they are going to add???

Here is my predictions:

2.66-2.93 Ghz Core 2 Duo

2 GB RAM Standard on all models up to 4 GB

New Video Card: X1900 or X2300, 256 and 512 MB

2 Megapixel Integrated Camera

Magnetic Latch

Black Aluminum Case

Leopard installed

New Keyboard

250 GB HD

*Edit by Fran441, removed Profanity

The iSight is 2 mp isnt it? I always thought it was. Anyone know?
  • Reply 33 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoolHandPete View Post

How about answering another:

5. What are the chances Apple will include an embedded "sensing display" (e.g., intra-screen iSight) in the next iteration of the MBP? (i.e., the one referenced in the Apple patent as described here)?

What about a version, perhaps built-to-order, without a camera for government/corporate users who work in areas where cameras are prohibited?
  • Reply 34 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andrewpmk View Post

What about a version, perhaps built-to-order, without a camera for government/corporate users who work in areas where cameras are prohibited?

How about a piece of black electrical tape? (I know, I'm only kidding.)

I've heard others make that point before. It's a difficult problem, considering so much of our portable electronics seem to include cameras at this point.
  • Reply 35 of 104
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dean812 View Post

The iSight is 2 mp isnt it? I always thought it was. Anyone know?

As far as I know, the sensor is 1.3 Megapixels (slightly over 1280x960), but it doesn't actually output anything beyond 640x480 (0.3 Megapixels) without interpolation, likely due to low lens quality.

More than good enough for what it's intended for, though.
  • Reply 36 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andrewpmk View Post

Welcome your employer to the 21st century? Oh, and we don't use petroleum lamps any more either.
  • Reply 37 of 104
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

Welcome your employer to the 21st century? Oh, and we don't use petroleum lamps any more either.

So you honestly think the CIA, or MI5 need to allow cameras into their buildings? Are you mad?!!!
  • Reply 38 of 104
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

So you honestly think the CIA, or MI5 need to allow cameras into their buildings? Are you mad?!!!

You do realize that such an organization has a central user management anyway where people couldn't use such hardware on their local machines without explicit permission from an admin, making the issue moot?
  • Reply 39 of 104
    Guys, Lets stick to the topic: Lets speculate new Macbook Pro Specs and/or new ideas/features for the new Macbook Pro.

What I think would be cool is for the book to come with a built in usb thumb drive that is seemless with the case, yet can be removed and has encryption and stuff. What do you guys think?
  • Reply 40 of 104
    jaddiejaddie Posts: 110member
    Dear Friends

What do you think the chances are of Apple's releasing a MacBook Pro with display larger than 17" within the next eighteen months?

Sincerely,

Jaddie