Myth 3 demo!!!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well, it took about 30minutes to download! I played it through one time. Very cool. Have not been able to get it to load the actual gameplay again!?!? Can't get past the level narative without my iMac( under OS 9.2.2) crashing. Strange... I'm now going to try it in 10.1.2

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: breakskull ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Under OS X, the options menu loads up but that's it. I downloaded from a different server yet I recieved the same message while un-stuffing,"data fork may be damaged.." This makes me uncertain about buying the full game.

[ 12-22-2001: Message edited by: breakskull ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 9
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    I'm having the same problem... guess I'll throw it out and wait for the update/fix....
  • Reply 3 of 9
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I had no problems downloading, installing, and playing the Myth III demo. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning playing the single player level on my Ti PB 667 (on battery power). It flew. I had the graphics turned up as far as they would go and everything looked AWESOME.

This game will be so amazing. I'm definitely buying a copy sometime soon.

In other news, my copy of Sacrifice shipped yesterday and should arrive sometime today (possibly not until monday, but I did ask for overnight shipping). I'm pretty pumped for that one too.

Anyway, I don't know what the trouble could be with your copies of the demo... maybe try a different mirror site?

-Ender
  • Reply 4 of 9
    which dowload site/mirror did you use?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Maybe a 500MHz iMac doesn't cut it with a game like this...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    what exactly is included in the demo? first level? a tutorial? never really played Myth except 2 for a while
  • Reply 7 of 9
    one solo battle only, but then there is also NETPLAY...!!! Demos like this have never been this fun...
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Ender:

<strong>I had no problems downloading,

</strong><hr></blockquote>

What mirror did you use? Can you please post the link?

Thanks.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    enderender Posts: 353member
    Gee, I honestly don't remember....

I know it was one of the mirrors listed on <a href="http://www.mythguide.org/demos/mythiii/"; target="_blank">this page</a>.

As for which one, I don't know.

Also, playing this demo reminded me exactly how much I suck at the Myth games... I still haven't managed to win the demo level. :eek:

I just reinstalled Myth II and this demo looks AWESOME in comparison. The units use polygons now instead of sprites(?). Anyway, they look tons better, especially when zoomed in a bunch.

Also, in the options pane of the demo, there is an option to use ATi TruForm. If the Radeon 8500 comes to the Mac soon, this could be one impressive game indeed.

Anyway, good luck with the download. Oh, and as for the iMac 500 MHz... you'll definitely be on the low-end of the system requirements, but it will run. It's pretty jerky on my G4/500 DP w/ Radeon. Only slightly better on my Ti PB 667 (also with Radeon, of course). The GPU in your iMac might be a wee bit overwhelmed at high quality.

-Ender