Airport Wirless Card.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My airport card has been acting really weird lately. It'll disconnect from my router and when I look at the networks to connect to, its right there so i have to reconnect it or wait about 2-3min before itll reconnect itself. It's been doing this for awhile. Anything you guys know that might help. It disrupts my work, alot. Might I have to buy an external wirless reciver for my comp?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mattc908 View Post

My airport card has been acting really weird lately. It'll disconnect from my router and when I look at the networks to connect to, its right there so i have to reconnect it or wait about 2-3min before itll reconnect itself. It's been doing this for awhile. Anything you guys know that might help. It disrupts my work, alot. Might I have to buy an external wirless reciver for my comp?

Did this happen to start after a certain Apple Screwware.. *cough* I'm sorry, bad cough, anyways after a certain Apple Software Update?

Specifically, do you use the WEP?

If you installed that screwy Airport Extreme Update a wireless back... well there's the problem. Apple has yet to deliver the fix. If it's possible though, just switch to WPA or WPA2. You'll probably still lose your connection like once every couple of weeks, but it's better than nothing until Apple fixes the damn thing. Besides that, WPA2 is generally more secure.

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mattc908mattc908 Posts: 85member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Did this happen to start after a certain Apple Screwware.. *cough* I'm sorry, bad cough, anyways after a certain Apple Software Update?

Specifically, do you use the WEP?

If you installed that screwy Airport Extreme Update a wireless back... well there's the problem. Apple has yet to deliver the fix. If it's possible though, just switch to WPA or WPA2. You'll probably still lose your connection like once every couple of weeks, but it's better than nothing until Apple fixes the damn thing. Besides that, WPA2 is generally more secure.

Sebastian

Yeah Thanks, I do use a WEP< I'll switch it to WPA, im not sure if the other windows comps on the network support WPA2. Hopefully it will seize and only happen every couple of weeks instead of multiple times a day. Never mind found out the windows comp only supports WEP.......
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

Yeah Thanks, I do use a WEP< I'll switch it to WPA, im not sure if the other windows comps on the network support WPA2. Hopefully it will seize and only happen every couple of weeks instead of multiple times a day. Never mind found out the windows comp only supports WEP.......

You know what, Apple just released a Software Update, I can only ASSUME it fixes their Turdfix from before. Good Timing too. I'll see if anyones having problems with it though.

Sebastian
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

You know what, Apple just released a Software Update, I can only ASSUME it fixes their Turdfix from before. Good Timing too. I'll see if anyones having problems with it though.

Sebastian

Well thats good and when did it come out and where can I get ahold of this.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Well thats good and when did it come out and where can I get ahold of this.

Today

Software Update (In the little Blue Apple Logo in the Corner)

Sebastian
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Today

Software Update (In the little Blue Apple Logo in the Corner)

Sebastian

haha, i know how to update, I wasnt sure if it was an optional one, or if it does come in the Software Update.