Update Killed my Wireless?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just installed the new update from Software Update and now I can't connect to my wireless router. It is WPA protected and I haven't tried turning it off yet, but still, this is a bit of a problem. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Sorry, it did nothing to my protected wireless connection.

• Reply 2 of 11
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    It probably didn't kill your wireless, but corrupted your auto-login files.

Go to the Networks-Airport (or other wireless interface) control pane.

Delete all your auto logins.

Apply

Turn wireless off

Turn wireless on

Enter your wireless auto-login info again

cross fingers!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    I did, even deleted the keychain entries for it adn reentered them... hmm.

It looks like it connects for a few seconds then drops, don't know what that would tell me though.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    It tells me that you're probably using a D-Link router. Are you?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Funny you should mention that, I've never had a problem before though.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smax View Post

Funny you should mention that, I've never had a problem before though.

There seems to be a widespread problem with D-Link routers & newer Apple machines.

Are you using a DI-614 or DI-624, by chance?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    WBR-2310. I've been using it on this MacBook Pro for well over a month now with no problems...
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smax View Post

WBR-2310. I've been using it on this MacBook Pro for well over a month now with no problems...

Turn off WPA. WEP is your friend, for now.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Yes...here the same. DI-624. Installed update on Mac mini and Macbook and WPA dont work anymore. The funny thing : in the router logfile it says DHCP lease ok and auth. ok ! So it must be a problem after the connection. Also the Airport symbol is for a second on with 4 bars.

Is this a apple problem or a dlink prob ? if it was a dlink prob it should be the same with all pc users. so i think apple did it again ;-) Hope they post a update of the update of the... soon.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I also lost the wireless connection on my 17" C2D iMac after installing the update. I have a DI-524 wireless router. Switching to WEP is a less than desirable solution, but I guess I'll have to give it a try.

(Typing this from my TiBook, on which I have not installed the Airport update.)
  • Reply 11 of 11
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BurntHombre View Post

I also lost the wireless connection on my 17" C2D iMac after installing the update. I have a DI-524 wireless router. Switching to WEP is a less than desirable solution, but I guess I'll have to give it a try.

(Typing this from my TiBook, on which I have not installed the Airport update.)

I had a problem using Airport Extreme--the b/g one--it didn't recognize my password--so I had to reset the Airport and then reinstall the password, and the WAP security