GoLive 6.0 T.B.A at MWSF!

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Look <a href="http://www.adobe.com:80/support/salesdocs/fad2.htm"; target="_blank">here</a>!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Whoops.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    What a RAM hog :eek:
  • Reply 3 of 9
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    no similar doc for photoshop?

damn...but they most likely lock up PS a little tighter...right?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I guess it just means PS7 isn't ready yet...
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Golive is supposed to incorporate many of the Workgroup features of Macromedias Sitespring...I don't see the memory req as being too hefty considering memory is so inexpensive.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Interesting too that the Workgroup server is OS X only (no mention of OS 9 compatibility).
  • Reply 7 of 9
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Looks like InDesign 2.0 will follow in late February. Isn't Seybold in February? If so, a likely place for a formal announcement. The following is from one of their sales documents found in the same directory:

"Post-Announce Pricing

If you purchased an earlier version of InDesign between September 24, 2001, and February 21, 2002, you're eligible for an InDesign 2.0 upgrade for the price of shipping only. The upgrade must be for the same platform as your earlier version. This offer is available only through Adobe and applies to purchases made from Adobe or Adobe Authorized Resellers. You must provide a dated proof of purchase and your serial number when you place your order. Free upgrades must be claimed prior to March 21, 2002"
  • Reply 8 of 9
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>What a RAM hog :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

NO SHIT!!

96 MINIMUM!!!! **** ME!! 128 RECOMMENDED! Adobe is now on crack. Now Photoshop 7 is set to use 50% of available memory by default. Photoshop I can (not really) understand needing memory, but GolIve needing 128 megs of ram is ridiculous.

Thank god I use DreamWeaver. Hopefully DreamWeaver X won't require that much.

[edit bad spelling]

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: KidRed ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Any sign of Dreamweaver X? Macromedia seem to be lacking in the OSX dept...? Personally I'm a GoLive head and couldn't be happier about a new version of GoLive!