Apple, Inc. Begins Assault on Microsoft Vista, Taps Into PC Upgrade Cycle

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Since some people are missing Shaw Wu, I'll try my best here.

Despite the Vista marketing machine well underway, Apple, Inc. has recently decided to join the fray. Previously, Apple's "Get A Mac" campaign focused on a generic "PC vs. Mac" campaign, with only the latest ad in the series poking fun at Vista specifically.

Apple has decided to take the battle to Microsoft and a raft of PC manufacturers touting Vista and "Vista Ready" PCs. Recently, the Apple Online Store's header graphic was changed to say "Go beyond Vista. It's time to get a mac... Skip the hassles and choose the ultimate PC upgrade". Clicking on the link brings the user to a "Choose a Mac" page that mentions "Why upgrade to Vista when you can upgrade past it? Instead of installation nightmares and other hassles, you'll get a gorgeous Mac with the latest Intel chips, bundled software that you'll actually use, and an operating system that's still years ahead".

With no immediate inklings of new Macs or the release of the upcoming operating system "Leopard", long expected to be the direct competitor to Vista, this seems to be a startling yet expected move. Apple is attempting to latch on to the excitement-coupled-with-confusion Vista PC upgrade cycle by offering an alternative to Vista.

It argues that instead of a new gloss over what is still Windows, consumers get a completely different operating system. Instead of "installation nightmares", consumers can purchase a Mac that is ready to go, with "bundled software you'll actually use", hinting that Vista's Windows Calendar, Contacts, Mail, Meeting Space, Photo Gallery and other bundled programs do not stand up well to Mac-bundled alternatives or other PC software such as Google's free Picasa photo organizer.

Some industry observers were puzzled that alongside the juggernaut of Microsoft's Vista launches, Apple, Inc. decided instead to reveal and tout its almost half-a-year-away "iPhone". Now that the Vista dust has begun to settle though, it appears Apple is ready to take Vista head-on, not with new hardware or software, but with their current product line-up and the almost 2-year-old "Tiger" operating system.

Given these bold moves, we maintain a "outperform" rating on Apple, Inc. stock with a price target of $120. Expected in Spring and Summer of 2007, new Mac and iPod launches and the release of the brand new "Leopard" operating system should bolster Mac sales and add lots more ammunition to Apple's assault on Vista and the PC market. Not to mention the upcoming release of Adobe/Macromedia's CS3 production suite for creative professionals around April, which will be the first major non-Apple-branded release of creative production software that takes full advantage of the new Mac-Intel platform. We believe Apple's continued justified confidence will contribute to a stellar financial 2007 for the company.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 10
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Maybe you should write for AI.

Sebastian
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Sebastian

It didn't point out that Apple is based in Cupertino.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

I knew there was something I missed. Damn!
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:

Sebastian

Thanks! I just need to make one or two slight spelling mistakes so that forum members can point it out and stuff.

• Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Thanks! I just need to make one or two slight spelling mistakes so that forum members can point it out and stuff.

Oh how I could I forget. I'm sorry, but I've now lost all confidence in your ability to write for AI.

Sebastian
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:

Oh how I could I forget. I'm sorry, but I've now lost all confidence in your ability to write for AI.

Sebastian

I fracking just P*WND Ai BIG TIME BABY...!!.... Or at least, the so-called "analysts" ::

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2558

"Apple estimates raised at ThinkEquity ahead of Leopard launch

By AppleInsider Staff

Published: 09:00 AM EST

ThinkEquity Partners LCC on Monday joined a chorus of Wall Street firms predicting that Apple Inc. will be ready to deliver its next-generation Leopard operating system to market "in the next few weeks."

"....."We like how Vista has established a 'hardware upgrade mindset' among PC users, and we expect Apple CPU unit shipments to benefit from Vista tailwinds, the release of Leopard, and a CS3 pro catalyst," the analyst told clients. ........"

Hmm... sounds familiar... maybe they copied me. PWN#D!!11!!1!

Notice how the analysts say "we expect Apple CPU unit shipments to benefit from Vista..." rather than "Apple is targeting the PC-Vista upgrade excitement to increase sales". Sly motherfrackers.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    If only these skillz would actually get me a fracking real job.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

If only these skillz would actually get me a fracking real job.

\

Sebastian
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Heh. We need Skype emoticons for these forums to express our full range of feelings.