What software will be bundled with Apple's new iMac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
When Apple announces their new iMac (hopefully announce that is) what software titles will be bundled with the system? I can only think the following titles (Mac OS X titles):

Definites

iMovie

iTunes

Internet Explorer

Croc-Rally Game

Adobe Acrobat Reader

AOL & Earthlink

Maybe's

Quicken Deluxe (I'm heistant on this one)

Captain Bumper Game

Can anyone think of others??

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    AppleWorks

Maybe World Book for OS X

otherwise I can't think of any others.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    They'll probably bundle "OttoMatic" the spiffy new game from Pangea.

<a href="http://www.pangeasoft.net/otto/index.html"; target="_blank">http://www.pangeasoft.net/otto/index.html</a>;
  • Reply 3 of 25
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    iDVD if there is a superdrive for sure!

any other iApp... (iPhoto, etc.)

you know, why doesn't Apple just roll all these "free" iapps into the OS (like MSFT does) so it is easyer to upgrade them (via s/w update instead of installers)?

-Paul
  • Reply 4 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    I think they do appear in software update. at least itunes does. hasn't been a free update for either iMovie 2 or iDVD in a while so can't say on those
  • Reply 5 of 25
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    Since we're on the subject of bundling software there's a small gripe I'd like to get off my chest.

I've bought iMacs, PowerBooks and PowerMacs and there's one thing that always manages to sour my new Mac purchasing experience: The bundled software.

Well, I bought my iMac and it came with mp3s, games, AppleWorks and a ton of other goodies pre-loaded.

So then I bought my G4 desktop which came with nothing in the free software department. I just spent 3x more on it and I got nothing! I know, I know, '"it's for prosumers who don't want games." But I do!

So now I just got my new PowerBook G4 and suprise suprise, no games, no gigs of free mp3s, no AppleWorks etc. etc.

I just wish Apple made a 'Bonus' CD for the pro people who can then opt to install it or not. Then the prescious hard drive space wouldn't be 'wasted' on free mp3s, games, apps etc. But if you wanted them you could have them.

/end rant.

-Y
  • Reply 6 of 25
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    [quote]Originally posted by Ybot:

<strong>Since we're on the subject of bundling software there's a small gripe I'd like to get off my chest.

I've bought iMacs, PowerBooks and PowerMacs and there's one thing that always manages to sour my new Mac purchasing experience: The bundled software.

Well, I bought my iMac and it came with mp3s, games, AppleWorks and a ton of other goodies pre-loaded.

So then I bought my G4 desktop which came with nothing in the free software department. I just spent 3x more on it and I got nothing! I know, I know, '"it's for prosumers who don't want games." But I do!

So now I just got my new PowerBook G4 and suprise suprise, no games, no gigs of free mp3s, no AppleWorks etc. etc.

I just wish Apple made a 'Bonus' CD for the pro people who can then opt to install it or not. Then the prescious hard drive space wouldn't be 'wasted' on free mp3s, games, apps etc. But if you wanted them you could have them.

/end rant.

-Y</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly why (rumored) Apple will be bundling the same apps on the towers. They were (rumored) under the assumtion power users didn't care about AppleWorks, games etc.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Apple should bundle Office or at least Word/Entourage in every pro product. Make the mac a viable pc alternative straight outta the box.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>Apple should bundle Office or at least Word/Entourage in every pro product. Make the mac a viable pc alternative straight outta the box.</strong><hr></blockquote>

MS would make Apple pay out the ass no?

Would be sweet tho...

-Paul
  • Reply 9 of 25
    who knows. MS would just have a bigger Office monopoly.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    Damnit... the one time I'm "in the know" about something, I've personally sworn not to say anything about it... and the key programmers browse various BBs including AI, IIRC. Aarrggg...

Now I finally know how the real insiders feel.

I guess I can try to give a really vague hint: versions of this program have been on the Mac for years and it has already been rewritten and released for X.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

<strong>Damnit... the one time I'm "in the know" about something, I've personally sworn not to say anything about it... and the key programmers browse various BBs including AI, IIRC. Aarrggg...

Now I finally know how the real insiders feel.

I guess I can try to give a really vague hint: versions of this program have been on the Mac for years and it has already been rewritten and released for X.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sounds like Office to me. :-)

Uh... and dozens of other things. :-)

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: abulsme ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by abulsme:

<strong>Sounds like Office to me. :-)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, I don't know anything about Office, but this item isn't nearly as expensive as Office.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Word Perfect?
  • Reply 14 of 25
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    [quote]Word Perfect?<hr></blockquote>

Duh no. read carefully.

[quote]I guess I can try to give a really vague hint: versions of this program have been on the Mac for years and it has already been rewritten and released for X.<hr></blockquote>

try Appleworks.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Yes, a new version of AppleWorks would be nice too...

Ah, wtf, here's another biggie hint: it's not made by Apple, but the developers are truly dedicated to the Mac platform. As long as a full month ago, this product had already been tested and certified to be bundled with Mac OS X "Pro" CPUs "next year." Apple has aquired rights to do so, but that doesn't guarantee that they'll actually do it.

Still, I can't imagine them going to all that trouble an d then not bundle it.

Can't... say... any... more...

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 16 of 25
    please be talking about photoshop X

oh please oh please oh please...
  • Reply 17 of 25
    Let's hope MS Office is.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I can also think of DAVE, Drive 10 (or Tech Tool X), Retrospect and VPC.

Play 20 questions? Yes or no answers only.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    FaxSTF?

It was just released for X not too long ago and it used to be bundled with Macs to provide a fax solution
  • Reply 20 of 25
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Good one, and it's a nicely done Cocoa app.