How do I use my old cds on OSX

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am trying to access Grolier and encyclopedia Britannica from my Performa 6200 disks on my new Imac.The new Imac system OSX does not recognise these disks.Is there any way of getting the Imac to work with these disks?

I don,t want to throw out 40 disks just because I have upgraded my system. HELP some one!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by borag View Post

I am trying to access Grolier and encyclopedia Britannica from my Performa 6200 disks on my new Imac.The new Imac system OSX does not recognise these disks.Is there any way of getting the Imac to work with these disks?

I don,t want to throw out 40 disks just because I have upgraded my system. HELP some one!!!

You have to be kidding me. Solution? Throw out the CDs.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    They are so out of date as to be worthless anyway surely? Wikipedia is the modern alternative.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    You can get a new OS X compatible version:

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-B.../dp/B000H26H76

Isn't 40 disks a bit annoying to search through anyway? The new DVD ones will be much easier to use.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    boragborag Posts: 4member
    Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information! Any idiot can insert their version of a fact.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by borag View Post

Wikipedia is not a reliable source of information! Any idiot can insert their version of a fact.

Not anymore. And anyway, a 10 year old version of Britannica will be more wrong and outdated then even the most pathetic article on Wikipedia.