Photoshop 7: "Q2" = April?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
After Bruce Chint-zen made comments a few weeks back to the effect that Photoshop 7 will be released sometime in Q2 2002, some speculated April for whatever reason. Here's some evidence from Amazon.com that tends to back that theory.

"Teach Yourself VISUALLY(tm) Photoshop 7

by Mike Wooldridge

List Price: $29.99

Our Price: $29.99

This item will be published on May 1, 2002. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives. "

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Adobe's 2nd quarter starts in March.....
  • Reply 2 of 11
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Yah...and...thus an April release would be within that quarter.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    MacMinute seems to have good info when they get it. Some weeks back, they originally reported that it would be released in June, but then revised their report to say that it was expected to come out in April instead.

link:

<a href="http://www.macminute.com/lib/011217photoshop.shtml"; target="_blank">http://www.macminute.com/lib/011217photoshop.shtml</a>;
  • Reply 4 of 11
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    The sooner the better! PS is the last classic app i use! I can't wait to rid myself of classic use.

NeilyB
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Hopefully the ability to bring in 3D models to paint on with built in texture tools.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by armadillo:

<strong>Hopefully the ability to bring in 3D models to paint on with built in texture tools.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what ZBrush, DeepPaint, Body Paint are for
  • Reply 7 of 11
    jaydogjaydog Posts: 63member
    Well Photoshop for ODX is out of beta and into final now. how do i know. my friend beta tests adobe stuff and the last beta was sent out 2 weeks ago when they have a new beta each week.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    So we will hear the announcement from Adobe on Monday?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    jaydogjaydog Posts: 63member
    Its hard to say. Adobe hase suprysed us befor so mabey mabey not
  • Reply 10 of 11
    I have the beta and it is nice.

seems very resposive.

and some new features like a file browser that is really cool.

feels better than illustrator.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I am running the beta too.

Very stable and slick for beta.

I am sure the final version will be very smooth.

First Cinema, Illustrator, After Effects, Final Cut Pro...now it's time for Photoshop

If Photoshop is coming in late February and I am paying for it this is going to be another personal record. Pay for upgrading over 5 apps in less than 4 months! :eek:

Once I get Photoshop I am totally set and I don't need to upgrade any software in the next 18 months.........

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>