We need games?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
We need race games, like GT3 and First person chooters like Counterstrike and Max Payne . RTCW is just a good start. Games must be introduced on all platforms. First on Mac if possible, then we can alk about a market take over. Then we can say goodbye to Wintel machines.

Lets hope Blizzard will introduce starcraft2 first for mac. SUch things are important in this industry and we all know that .

Am I right?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    fieldorfieldor Posts: 213member
    And vidio cards are also good beginnig.

Thumbs up for Apple and nVidia.

They will introduce there new card (nForce is it named iquess).

Game developppers must make there first steps in the Mac platform
  • Reply 2 of 12
    trowatrowa Posts: 176member
    guys,

nForce is the name for Nvidia's motherboard architecture which runs on AMD CPU's. The code names for their video cards are NV**

just FYI

Keep seeing that mistake on mac message boards.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by fieldor:

<strong>We need race games, like GT3 and First person chooters like Counterstrike and Max Payne . RTCW is just a good start. Games must be introduced on all platforms. First on Mac if possible, then we can alk about a market take over. Then we can say goodbye to Wintel machines.

Lets hope Blizzard will introduce starcraft2 first for mac. SUch things are important in this industry and we all know that .

Am I right?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Max Payne is already headed towards the Mac. It's coming around March I believe. You may want to head over to Macgamer.com or InsideMacgames.com, they're updated daily. MacGamer has a Future Release section (detailing all the games known to be heading to the Mac & when they're expected, very helpful). And yes,the nForce is a Motherboard made by Nvida with an integrated Nvida Video Chipset.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    It's actually not a motherboard, it's the actual chipset, like a KT266A or AMD761. There are numerous motherboards out now that use the nForce chipset I think.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    enderender Posts: 353member
    As for games... it would make very little business sense to bring most commercial games to the mac first. Simultaneously is nice, but it would be very dumb to release mac first.

(BTW-Blizzard has said that it does not intend to make a Starcraft 2, of course, that could change easily.)

Anyway, if you have the hardware, check out Sacrifice, Red Faction (update coming soon!), Giants (get the patch!), Civilization III, Myth III, or any of the other great commercial games that have come out in the last month or two. Aside from missing multiplayer at the outset on a number of games (*ahem* MacPlay), we've never had it so good.

-Ender
  • Reply 6 of 12
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I heard Civ III just went GM! Hopefully it will be available for sale at MacWorld!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Ooh, I hope so! I love Civ!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    jaydogjaydog Posts: 63member
    Some may say there arnt amy games for mac. i say. hahah i have spent god knows ow much on mac games. got in total around 300+ mac games
  • Reply 9 of 12
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    I agree... some people are far too critical and exaggerative. My favorite games and expansion packs are all on the Mac already (notably The Sims and other RPGs).

I am looking at some of the cool new games coming for the GameCube, though, and wishing there were Mac versions. I don't really want to waste my money on a console, I have a hard enough time wasting it as it is..
  • Reply 10 of 12
    jaydogjaydog Posts: 63member
    the only 2 games i wont to come out soon are sims hot date and WC 3 for mac and im happy
  • Reply 11 of 12
    There ARE more than enough Mac games to keep a person occupied, but I think the accusation that the Mac gaming market lags behind the Windows gaming market, is a fair one. There are still just too many examples of games released on Mac well after they're available for PC, or not released on Mac at all.

I really like companies like Blizzard that release PC/Mac hybrid discs, so their Mac games are very widely available -- Costco, Best Buy, etc. I bought the Starcraft mega-monster pack for $20 at Best Buy today.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    enderender Posts: 353member
    Blizzard really is a great Mac-friendly role model. As far as I know, every game they have released since Warcraft II has been a Mac/PC hybrid. I have or have seen the hybrid War II, Starcraft, Broodwars, Diablo, Diablo II, and Lord of Destruction CDs. My Warcraft I disk was not a hybrid, so I do not believe that the release of Warcraft I was simultaneous, though it might have been.

And even better than setting the bar for releases, is their amazing persistence with updates (and even making sure that older games are compatible with OS X!). They really should be commended for their hard work for our platform. Lord knows they easily could have done what Westwood did (C&C for Mac, and then..... nothing).

-Ender