Finally got FCP 3.....

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Got it today from local university bookstore. With the help of the staff here who I know I was able to get the academic version even I am only a 'half' student

But man.....those manuals! :eek:

Also the funny thing is....I don't even have a video camera :o

Basically I am using it to edit my animation stuff until I can afford a video camera

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    Just use some of the money your company allotted for hardware and buy a video camera!

they'll never know

edit: typos

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Cosmo ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 13
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    I know what you mean about the manuals, I'm only halfway through the first one! I hope you find it useful; now if only AE would ship.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    AE should be available in two weeks.....according to the new ETA from the retailer I deal with.....

Oh cooop, btw....do you have trouble using the bundle Peak DV? I keep getting the 'wrong serial number' error

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 13
    I actually haven't tried installing it yet, I'll get back on that later tonight.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    catalystcatalyst Posts: 226member
    Evil Leonis.. Evil...

How can you abuse the trust of Apple and get the education version of FCP 3... Tsk tsk tsk...
  • Reply 6 of 13
    [quote]Originally posted by catalyst:

<strong>Evil Leonis.. Evil...

How can you abuse the trust of Apple and get the education version of FCP 3... Tsk tsk tsk... </strong><hr></blockquote>

That's why I asked my friend who works as staff in there. He can claim he's is buying the software
  • Reply 7 of 13
    catalystcatalyst Posts: 226member
    Uh-huh... But you're still the end users. What's the difference? Anyway, how's FCP 3?
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Well...since I am still a learner I am qualified as a 'half student'

Anyway....I am still reading the manual.

Basically many key command and the way to get things done are quite similar to version 2, fortunately.

This app is so fu*king stable!

I did play around with the tutorial clips and fool around with layering, text, cross fade. All real time

Too bad I don't personally own a video camera so I can't really work on any 'real' video stuff ....

• Reply 9 of 13
    By the way, PeakDV installed just fine for me. Double check the serial number you're entering.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    mac gurumac guru Posts: 367member
    Does RealTime require a G4? I have several friends who like that feature but have G3's.

Mac Guru
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Is FCP3 mutithreaded? Would it be useful to get a dualie?

SdC
  • Reply 12 of 13
    I believe the FCP <a href="http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/specs.html"; target="_blank">Tech specs page</a> states that a 500 MHz G4 is required for realtime effects and a 667 MHz is required for realtime DV effects on a Powerbook. I also think that FCP does take advantage of mp but I'm not completely certain.

[ 01-06-2002: Message edited by: cooop ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Yeap , RT requires a 500Mhz or higher G4

Final Cut Pro is really multithreaded.

Both processor almost always hit top when I am rendering some filters. Apple actually did a very good job on making FCP using both available processors over 80% of time.

OSX's multitasking is really helping.

I borrow a camera from my friend this morning. I can do the capturing and surf web at the same time without dropping a frame :eek: