Christ!!! :MAD: Epson Drivers

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple made available yesterday drivers for Epson printers via the OS X SW update control panel.

Three updates were available for Epson printers: Drivers US, European and Japanese printer models, respectively.

I have a Stylus Photo 790 at home, so I checked "European" and left the others unchecked.

Returning to work today, I found I needed the SP 750 driver to print (included in the list for "US" model printers), and I needed it urgently.

Checked SW update again... though the Japanese drivers are still accessible, the US drivers have disappeared! I installed the European drivers, and the US drivers became inaccessible, despite the fact that the 790 and 750 are both sold in many countries, including Hong Kong.

The new drivers are available for direct download via neither Apple's nor Epson's site.

I NEED THE FECKING DRIVER!!!!

Applenut, you have a 750, right? Can you email me the driver ([email protected])?

Stop making stupid mistakes and stupid decisions, Apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    I'm still waiting for US support for Epson SC 600; it was a stupid model and I'm not holding my breath.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    catalystcatalyst Posts: 226member
    The Stylus Photo 750 was never supported as far as I know. I am waiting eagerly for the driver too. Applenut, if you do happen to have the driver, please send it over too... thanks! [email protected]
  • Reply 3 of 8
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    I'm still waiting for Epson to release drivers for my EPL-5700i laser printer.

Now that we have Office v.X and a Palm Desktop beta that Epson driver is the one single thing I am missing to make my systems OS X only.

Escher
  • Reply 4 of 8
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    There's an unofficial SP750 driver on VersionTracker today:

<a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=13114&db=macosx"; target="_blank">http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=13114&db=macosx</a>;

Good luck.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by tonton:

<strong>Now that proper drivers are out, printing under OS X is far better than it was under OS 9.x.</strong><hr></blockquote>

For those of us with supported printers, anyway.

Escher

(envious)
  • Reply 6 of 8
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by catalyst:

<strong>The Stylus Photo 750 was never supported as far as I know. I am waiting eagerly for the driver too. Applenut, if you do happen to have the driver, please send it over too... thanks! [email protected]</strong><hr></blockquote>

the driver I had was the one that was just posted to versiontracker. it works great and the guy did a great job simplifying the process. he even has an installer now. before I had to manually change everything.

thank god it prints though. I was about to go out and buy a printer
  • Reply 7 of 8
    ibeniibeni Posts: 54member
    [quote]Originally posted by cooop:

<strong>I'm still waiting for US support for Epson SC 600; it was a stupid model and I'm not holding my breath. </strong><hr></blockquote>

also waiting for Epson SC600 support.

I hate booting OS9 only for printing !

But I'm afraid I have to buy a new printer.

It won't be a epson !!!