Anyone else get their Apple TV today?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just opened up my Apple TV and it feels solid in my hands. Almost like holding a mini when comparing weight.

I am about to hook it up.

I hadn't seen anyone post they had it yet and was wanting to hear other people's experience. I will report back in a few to let everyone know how it went.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

I hadn't seen anyone post they had it yet and was wanting to hear other people's experience. I will report back in a few to let everyone know how it went.

think its here

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=72974
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

think its here

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=72974

Yeah, in that forum that handles "discussion of the iPod, iTunes, iPhone, AppleTV and related products."
  • Reply 3 of 9
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Yeah, in that forum that handles "discussion of the iPod, iTunes, iPhone, AppleTV and related products."

Cut me a little slack...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    yeah! just cos you aint got yours and he has.... i mean... dont let the jealousy get to you

still waiting to hear your report aplnub ... on any thread... in any forum
  • Reply 5 of 9
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Yeah, don't leave us hanging. What do ya think about it? Spill the beans.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    too busy watching stuff it seems
  • Reply 7 of 9
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Yeah, don't leave us hanging. What do ya think about it? Spill the beans.

I moved forums: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=72947

But since you asked!

I have mine up and running as best I can. I have it on the wireless network for now. I will hook it up to the wired network as soon as I pick up some Leviton end connectors this weekend. That means today.

I have a WPA2, SSID disabled, MAC address filtered wireless network run on my Linksys router. Setup was no problem. Quick and painless. Your Apple TV MAC address is on the outer cover of the box.

The first bummer is everything is in black and white and not color. Yeah, you have to have HDMI or three video inputs (component? video) to your TV, Y - Pb - Pr. My 20 something inch Sylvania piece of crap has only one Video-in (composite video) or S-Video. So this sucks. I am running in 480i btw. 480i strectches the image tall so it really sucks for those like me who have standard TV's in their house.

My 32" Sanyo has the three mentioned above video slots so yeah for that TV but it is in the Living Room and I had really hoped to have this in the bedroom. I may move it.

At least setup was a breeze.

I also believe that after seeing that this really isn't 100% compatible with a standard TV (stretching the screen tall), that Apple's new line of monitors will have the HDMI and possible three coponent video slots on the back. I think they are going to move into the TV arena and are forcing HD on everyone probably because they don't want to fool with NTSC/PAL complications and you know Apple, always wanting peopel to buy new hardware when they can!

I have prepared my wife for a wall mounted Cinema display once they release the redesign which I am confident will have the correct connections for Apple TV. It was tough, and she still doesn't agree, but those are just details!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    A cheap HDMI-DVI adapter will hook an existing Cinema -- or any DVI monitor, for that fact -- to your Apple TV.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

It was tough, and she still doesn't agree, but those are just details!

like that ever matters

thanks for the update if it were mine, id have moved it to the TV with the necessary inputs, at least to TRY it out in Colour