Where's the Thread From Current New Owners?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Well......let's hear it! Do you new AppleTV owners like it or not?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    tomkarltomkarl Posts: 239member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tomster1300 View Post

Well......let's hear it! Do you new AppleTV owners like it or not?

Enjoying mine. It does pretty much everything as advertised. In typical Apple fashion, install and set up was easy and painless. Menus/Remote/Navigation all good. Pic quality is good (I'm no videophile). It'll be much more of a hit when more HD content is available in iTunes.

Unit seems to run a little warm, but have seen many other postings, so I'm not worried about it.

Running wireless to an AEBS. Streams music fine from libraries on a G5 iMac and a Dell Win XP box. Synced 10 episodes of South Park pretty quickly. Mixed g/n wireless. Component and TOSLINK connections to a Pioneer receiver. Watching on Pioneer plasma.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    pt123pt123 Posts: 696member
    I am not an owner but I went to the Apple store to look at it. Picture quality of movies sucks! Almost DVD quality? Try VHS quality. We are talking about the picture stretched way beyond what it should be. Jagged likes, terrible picture contrast. I haven't seen anything that bad since analog channels on my plasma. First I tried Incredibles, terrible, then Battlestar Galactica, terrible. Apple probably chose Sony Bravia TV just to piss off Sony to have something look that terrible by their name. Force them to release HD content to the store.

Photos look good though.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    i like the price i got mine for, just picked it up off craigslist for 250 with apple receipt (lady won it in an office raffle, didn't know what it was for). its still in the car, so the only experience i have is: new and shiny.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pt123 View Post

I am not an owner but I went to the Apple store to look at it. Picture quality of movies sucks! Almost DVD quality? Try VHS quality. We are talking about the picture stretched way beyond what it should be. Jagged likes, terrible picture contrast. I haven't seen anything that bad since analog channels on my plasma. First I tried Incredibles, terrible, then Battlestar Galactica, terrible. Apple probably chose Sony Bravia TV just to piss off Sony to have something look that terrible by their name. Force them to release HD content to the store.

Photos look good though.

it's good. it does what it was supposed to. nothing terribly earthshattering. as to picture quality, the hd stuff i've converted for it looks great. the sd stuff looks like sd stuff on an hd set.