Mysterious Key Equivalent Symbol

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone know what key the key equivalent for Restart and Stop in the menu below is? It's like a caret (^) with something around the top, but I haven't been able to figure out what key it represents.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    What app is that from?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Also, the symbol before the Command symbol, what key is that?

Cheers
  • Reply 3 of 8
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    The symbol before the command key is the alt key and the symbol in the first post is the enter key on the number pad. You can see these symbols using the keyboard viewer if you enable it in the international system prefs and then select the keyboard viewer from the flag menu at the top right.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Ah, of course, I forgot all about the keyboard viewer. Thanks!

The screenshot's from Xcode 3. I'm migrating some of my projects to Leopard and the key equivalents for some menu items in Xcode have changed.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    This is helpful list. It is available in Menu Bar>Mac Help?>Symbols for special keys

• Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The symbol before the command key is the alt key and the symbol in the first post is the enter key on the number pad. You can see these symbols using the keyboard viewer if you enable it in the international system prefs and then select the keyboard viewer from the flag menu at the top right.

Thank you Marvin. I never knew this existed
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by - Ø®£Z - View Post

This is helpful list. It is available in Menu Bar>Mac Help?>Symbols for special keys

Thank you two.

Cheers
  • Reply 8 of 8
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    You can also check out thousands of unicode characters from the Character Palette also in the international control panel.