Let's have a vote on Leopard's release date!

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 59
    OK, so NAB rolls around, and after FC6 has been revealed as Leopard-only...

"So that's our Final Cut update - Final Cut 6, Leopard-only, with a tonne of new features, and it'll be shipping in July.

But there is one more thing... what's the point in releasing all this great Leopard-only technology... without Leopard? So I am pleased to announce that Leopard will be available in stores, and preloaded onto each new Macintosh, on June 15th, to give you plenty of time to get used to it before Final Cut 6."

Then at WWDC's Stevenote, all the secret Leopard features are revealed and you'll actually be able to go out and buy it that day (after all, it has been some time since "Shipping Today" has turned up in a Stevenote - maybe he lost the slide, who knows). You'll also be able to buy a new Mac with Leopard on it that day, knowing exactly what it's capable of.

That's my prediction.
  • Reply 42 of 59
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

I'm not sure why Apple would release the version of OS X that runs the iPhone. There's really no need to.

Sebastian

What I meant was that Apple would want to release the OS X (Leopard) from which iPhone gets its interface cues before the iPhone itself is released.
  • Reply 43 of 59
    I don't think the iPhone's running Leopard though, is it? All I heard was Mac OS X - which I took to mean a brand new mobile operating system based on OS X technologies. I hardly think it'll be Leopard.

However, I think they'll want to get Leopard out before the iPhone sheerly because the iPhone launch will overshadow pretty much anything that comes out after it this year.
  • Reply 44 of 59
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Democaster. View Post

I don't think the iPhone's running Leopard though, is it? All I heard was Mac OS X - which I took to mean a brand new mobile operating system based on OS X technologies. I hardly think it'll be Leopard.

However, I think they'll want to get Leopard out before the iPhone sheerly because the iPhone launch will overshadow pretty much anything that comes out after it this year.

People here will tell you it's not, but to me it is. It has Core Animation and Resolution independence, both which are coming in Leopard, and it doesn't look like Tiger either.. it's running a Mac OS X 10.5 lite if you ask me. I'm really hoping this Leopard Wows me, i'm expecting it too, but there's too many unknowns here.
  • Reply 45 of 59
    Maybe I have too much faith in Apple, but when I hear they have "top secret" stuff coming I've got to believe it's good otherwise they'd have tried to keep the buzz low in order to prevent people becoming overexcited and subsequently disappointed.
  • Reply 46 of 59
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    None of the above.
  • Reply 47 of 59
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

None of the above.

Your Guess?

Sebastian
  • Reply 48 of 59
    A lot of people said 4-20...Stoners dream release date? lol
  • Reply 49 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Your Guess?

Sebastian

Before the August Back to School time frame.
  • Reply 50 of 59
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Tiger was released on April 29, 2005, two weeks after 10.3.9 hit the streets (mid-April 2005.)

10.4.9 was released yesterday. Nobody thinks Leopard can be ready in two weeks.

Upgrades on almost every Mac line are MIA.

As are the 2007 updates to both iLIfe and iWork.

I give up. I'm not even going to guess. Thinking about the current situation makes my head hurt.

I'm going to take the money I was saving on a Mac upgrade and go on a cruise.

Pushing the upgrade to Fall 2007 will ensure the bugs are completely worked out anyway.
  • Reply 51 of 59
    Quote:

Before the August Back to School time frame.

I'll assume that means sometime in June because June would still be Spring.

Sebastian
  • Reply 52 of 59
    I'm going all out for an April 27th release. I know it's not on the list that I created, but times change.. Leopard is coming on that date IMO. There you go, now it's set in stone/pixels.
  • Reply 53 of 59
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    You bastard! You make me pick one of your ... your ... f*cking "bizarre" dates, and then you just decide to go off on your own and make a new one!!!! Damn you to HELL!
  • Reply 54 of 59
    I agree 110% mdriftmeyer. Apple is a smart company. Therefore I predict Leopard will come out late May early June, so all of the back to school students can get there hands on a new Mac!
  • Reply 55 of 59
    Back to school is in July and August.
  • Reply 56 of 59
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by the cool gut View Post

You bastard! You make me pick one of your ... your ... f*cking "bizarre" dates, and then you just decide to go off on your own and make a new one!!!! Damn you to HELL!

Well I'll be damned. I did say pick the date nearest to when you think the cat will be let out of the bag, that and the fact that Tiger was released on an Friday. Then I said I'd pick the Friday's either side if the middle of each month to spread them out nicely. It's just after 10.4.9 getting updated last night for me I got this feeling about April 27th and I usually go with my feelings on things like this, they are normally there for some reason or other. I originally picked April 20th, so I'm just moving it along 7 days. Rather than sarcastically bitch (I think you're joking by the way) why don't you set your date in stone - go on give us a date when you think she's comin'?
  • Reply 57 of 59
    Quote:

Back to school is in July and August.

I know what it is, but June is as close to that as you can get and still maintain a Spring release.

Sebastian
  • Reply 58 of 59
    Personally after a lot of deliberation over this myself, Im going for May 11th.

Reasons?

Leopard?s likely release to occur prior to WWDC, so developers have experience of the operating system before their training sessions.

I imagine it will land on a Friday or a Tuesday, in keeping with previous launches.

Technically it can take place in May to still be within the Spring launch schedule and give them maximum polishing tiime.

All that whittles down to three possible dates. May 4th, 8th and 11th.

Latest of those 3 dates is the 11th, i'm sure with all the hype the forum are generating on this when it does come out it will sell like hot cakes!

Do I win the mini metro???????
  • Reply 59 of 59
    tkellytkelly Posts: 50member
    remember the invite?

The Time-machine looking thing...

time machine is from Leopard...

hmmm....

WWDC --> WWDC Invite --> Time-Machine --> Leopard

Through the transitive property: WWDC --> Leopard

June 11th