Apple adds Vista support with new Boot Camp release

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post

Can you tap to click on the trackpad in Windows now?

Apparently still not. Sucks.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    I'm gonna reinstall Windows tonight I think - I don't trust Windows to be stable enough after replacing so many core drivers.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    bdj21yabdj21ya Posts: 297member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaptObvious View Post

Can you tap to click on the trackpad in Windows now?

Still no, but the driver is lightyears better than the previous one. The scrolling is a bit more controlled, it doesn't die on standby/hibernate/after using the computer for 5 minutes, and it doesn't begin jumping around erratically in my brief experience.

I installed Vista again last night. I wish they had an XP theme option. The Vista window theme looks like it was designed by a teenager trying to trick out his PC. Can't they put in a theme option for those of us with a little style?
  • Reply 24 of 28
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdj21ya View Post

I installed Vista again last night. I wish they had an XP theme option.

They do. You have to turn off compositing, though.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    jamezogjamezog Posts: 163member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

In your face Digitimes!

Yeah, it took Apple what, a week to squash that rumor?

Well, at least they were right that Boot Camp would have Vista support before Leopard is released. And then maybe they heard (or thought they heard) the word "October" in the same conversation and made a "logical leap." A great case of speculative journalism - definitely not something you want to be doing to Apple. I'm sure Steve loves to catch folks like this with their pants down. I wonder if they'll ever learn?
  • Reply 26 of 28
    bdj21yabdj21ya Posts: 297member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

They do. You have to turn off compositing, though.

No such theme is listed in the theme options. I know you can go back to classic, but none of the options look anything like the XP theme. Please provide further details.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdj21ya View Post

I installed Vista again last night. I wish they had an XP theme option. The Vista window theme looks like it was designed by a teenager trying to trick out his PC. Can't they put in a theme option for those of us with a little style?

I don't know, I find the UI much more sedate and muted then XP's grandiose colors and all.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    So why does it not support enterprise ? (unless already installed using the previous version of Bootcamp) I get a disk not found error and it does not mention enterprise as a viable option