change slideshow/videos in FRONTROW??

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
ok, so i've been playin around w/ front row on my new MBP. I was hoping that there is some way to change that damn photo slide show. Is there anyway to get rid of that stupid panning effect. I hate that shit. if i'm gonna show photos in the form of a slide show, i want it to be just that, a slide show, not a follow-the-pic-as-it-moves-across-my-screen show. please help me.

So far frontrow is the only thing about the new MBP that i can complain about. the music part is great, and the interface is amazing but the movie and photo parts kinda suck. It seems there's no way to make it work w/ any other video player than the default iTunes (which is basicly a derivitive of QT, right?). If i'm wrong, feel free to send me a link.

But again, the main thing is that photo panning. got any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MisticMayhem

ok, so i've been playin around w/ front row on my new MBP. I was hoping that there is some way to change that damn photo slide show. Is there anyway to get rid of that stupid panning effect. I hate that shit. if i'm gonna show photos in the form of a slide show, i want it to be just that, a slide show, not a follow-the-pic-as-it-moves-across-my-screen show. please help me.

So far frontrow is the only thing about the new MBP that i can complain about. the music part is great, and the interface is amazing but the movie and photo parts kinda suck. It seems there's no way to make it work w/ any other video player than the default iTunes (which is basicly a derivitive of QT, right?). If i'm wrong, feel free to send me a link.

But again, the main thing is that photo panning. got any ideas?

Set up a slideshow in iPhoto, turn off the Ken Burns effect \
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Set up a slideshow in iPhoto, turn off the Ken Burns effect \

Ok, so i got rid of the Ken Burns effect. now, who the hell is Ken Burns?

Is there anyway to do this to an album rather than having to make a slide show everytime? is there any way change default settings so i dont have to fix the KB effect, and the pic scalling, and the lame music every time i make a slide show (which is already about 8 more steps than it should be) i thought iStuff was supposed to make life easier. why do i need to make albums and slide shows when i've already got my pics in folders? I really hate windows, but i'll give it to em, they know how to do pictures. with any folder that has pics theres a choice to "view as slide show". its just a siple slide show: one pic then the next. no fancy effects. mac needs to do this.

i really wish there was a way to set Frontrow up to just use a selected folder rather than doing all this importing crap.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:

Is there anyway to do this to an album rather than having to make a slide show everytime? is there any way change default settings so i dont have to fix the KB effect, and the pic scalling, and the lame music every time i make a slide show (which is already about 8 more steps than it should be) i thought iStuff was supposed to make life easier. why do i need to make albums and slide shows when i've already got my pics in folders? I really hate windows, but i'll give it to em, they know how to do pictures. with any folder that has pics theres a choice to "view as slide show". its just a siple slide show: one pic then the next. no fancy effects. mac needs to do this.

i really wish there was a way to set Frontrow up to just use a selected folder rather than doing all this importing crap.

He makes big documentaries about America ("Jazz", "Baseball", "New York", etc.). Since much of what he covers occurs before video was even invented, he pans across old postcards and photos for motion while slowly revealing a scene as if the "video camera" was there to capture the moment. When watching television, we are accustomed to movement, as opposed to holding a photo in front of us with our hands; so he quite ingeniously recreated motion from none so it would fit with our television viewing experience.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    colby2000colby2000 Posts: 91member
    Quote:

Not sure how to do it in FrontRow, but hopefully someone will find a way, it annoys me too. As for the slideshow from the finder, Mac DOES have that. Just pick the photos (or do a 'select all') and ctrl/right click or go to the 'actions' button or the 'file' menu and select 'slideshow'. No Ken Burns Effect, no music, dirt easy.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MisticMayhem View Post

ok, so i've been playin around w/ front row on my new MBP. I was hoping that there is some way to change that damn photo slide show. Is there anyway to get rid of that stupid panning effect. I hate that shit.

So I just figured this out... select the playlist (does not have to be a slideshow) and press the play button that shows up in the lower right. This will give you sub menus where you can change the music, turn off the music, that infuriating Ken Burns thing etc.