Steinberg Sequel

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Steinberg has just relased Sequel, a competitor to Apple GarageBand. Universal Binary priced at US$99.

When I saw the screenshot, it reminded me iPhone's UI a lot, which itself announces OS X Leopard. Look at the transparent borders, the blueish tints and shades of the window bar, theses colours are not inside Tiger naturally (the ones available through Aqua, Brushed metal, Unified or Pro apps). Look also at the controls: flat tactile buttons, softly underlined by a yellow light illuminating from behind. Sure this whole look must be hardcoded in the software, but it is clearly very inspirated.

Steinberg Sequel

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cosmos 1999 View Post

Steinberg has just relased Sequel, a competitor to Apple GarageBand. Universal Binary priced at US$99.

When I saw the screenshot, it reminded me iPhone's UI a lot, which itself announces OS X Leopard. Look at the transparent borders, the blueish tints and shades of the window bar, theses colours are not inside Tiger naturally (the ones available through Aqua, Brushed metal, Unified or Pro apps). Look also at the controls: flat tactile buttons, softly underlined by a yellow light illuminating from behind. Sure this whole look must be hardcoded in the software, but it is clearly very inspirated.

Steinberg Sequel

I don't understand why they would release a competitor to Garageband, when Garageband comes free with Macs, and basically achieves all it needs to...

Are you sure this isn't closer to Logic Xpress?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    According to various web sites, Sequel fights in the GarageBand class. GarageBand comes free with new Macs, but for all other people it costs bundled with the $79 iLife. Logic Express costs $299.

I agree it will be very difficult for Sequel to impose against a widely free GarageBand, even if it has features GB doesn't offer (arrangements by verse, refrain, etc). And iLife'07 is just around the corner so it could have these features too.

But Sequel is also available for Windows so this software could find its market. BTW this bluish transparent "Vista-Leopard interface" is exactly the same on PCs.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    if it had the "drum Grid" editor in it then i would have 2 copys in a flash!

---dont let Ireland see this, and try and sell him that its a Leopard UI... its NOT green enough and he wont be happy----

aright mate