The Complete Beatles? I'd buy it.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So I'm going to take a blind shot here and say that the Beatles are coming to the iTunes Store. I think that's reasonable, right? I mean, why else would Apple and the Beatles' company be making a joint statement? Anyway, assuming that my assumption is true, how many of you would buy a "Complete Beatles" from iTunes (much like the Complete U2 and stuff like that)? I know I would. My mom grew up idolizing the Beatles, and I know I'd score some major son-points if I got her an iPod and every Beatles song ever for Mothers Day. Hell, I'd love that gift myself, too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I think I've heard my fill for my life. I've listened to a lot of it and don't need to get more.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    When I listen to the beatles, sound quality matters - so I stick with non-US pressed vinyl (I can't afford British pressings, so I go for Australian). No way would I buy the songs in AAC.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    i dunno, i've been hearing all this golden oldie crap since I was a kid in the 70s. I say toss it all, its been overplayed too many damn times. and that goes for all the crappy music SINCE the 70s too. Most of this stuff is worth 2 or 3 plays and lets hear something interesting already, not the same tripe over and over and over and over and over and over...i'm gonna puke. after awhile it just becomes background sound like traffic. you don't wanna hear it anymore, let it retire in history for 2210, when someone will discover it again and think, wow, this is great. Right now it is just a skidmark, let it slide.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Well now it seems (via Engadget) that EMI is announcing DRM-free music. Intersting. I still want the Beatles.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

When I listen to the beatles, sound quality matters - so I stick with non-US pressed vinyl (I can't afford British pressings, so I go for Australian). No way would I buy the songs in AAC.

You do realize that AAC's have significantly more dynamic range than vinyl. Their signal to noise ratio is about 200x higher. Vinyl is unabashedly terrible.

Sadly, though, I have a feeling you aren't making an April Fools joke...