Clovertown Mac Pros Tomorrow!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    Okeeej, but you're sure that it's not just a 'rumor'?! Everybody can scream that it will be launched tomorrow! :S
  • Reply 2 of 16
    mwswamimwswami Posts: 166member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mathijs de Bruin View Post

Okeeej, but you're sure that it's not just a 'rumor'?! Everybody can scream that it will be launched tomorrow! :S

Then scream away my friend. Did you read the link that I posted?
  • Reply 3 of 16
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mathijs de Bruin View Post

It's from the Inquirer, which is a tongue in cheek publication.

Quote:

In a shock to no one, the 2S four-core machines will be touted as the next great thing, during Tuesday's dog and pony show.

If you read what they say, you'll understand!

• Reply 4 of 16
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    Could they slap the article out any faster! Where are the specs, no speculation about anything??? I could write a better article than that.

I just about took it as an April fool's prank, except that it's so badly written.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    So is there no validity whatsoever of this article/source? Or is there hope? \
  • Reply 6 of 16
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I'll tell you tomorrow.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

I'll tell you tomorrow.

I would be ecstatic if this were true, but I have a tendency to doubt things on April fools day even if that is the day Apple was founded.

I think the Enquirer may have been duped here.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    The only reason anyone could give credence to this is the event Jobs attended with EMI today.

It's unlike Jobs to do a Monday introduction of anything, and EMI practically apologized for having to send out the invites on April Fools Day.

Maybe Apple pushed EMI to do the event on Monday because they knew they had something else to announce on Tuesday?
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

The only reason anyone could give credence to this is the event Jobs attended with EMI today.

It's unlike Jobs to do a Monday introduction of anything, and EMI practically apologized for having to send out the invites on April Fools Day.

Maybe Apple pushed EMI to do the event on Monday because they knew they had something else to announce on Tuesday?

You know what. Now I really doubt it. There is no event, there is no SJ in the US, there is nothing.

I just don't think Apple is going to update the Mac Pro on the web Page alone. It is a Hoax.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

You know what. Now I really doubt it. There is no event, there is no SJ in the US, there is nothing.

I just don't think Apple is going to update the Mac Pro on the web Page alone. It is a Hoax.

Why not? As we've said before, there isn't any huge benefit to 8 cores until Leopard rolls out.

It is just a reconfiguration of the existing Pro lineup.

That said, I do think we would have had other leaks if an update was imminent.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    What makes you so sure that is all Apple is doing to the MacPro? I love the case, but one could argue that the designs stayed the same for all the products through the intel transition to help ease the transition. It may be time for updated looks for the intel Macs and Leopard.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    Even though this thread is now dead, "tomorrow" has now been and gone, I agree with Onlooker. The current MacPro hardware doesn't look bad, but it is due a refresh and could be streamlined a fair bit. There have been reports of more efficient cooling with vertical venting ducts and a slimmer profile.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    If we use the online Apple Store as any guide to updates as we have in the past, there will not be Mac Pros today. The general availability is 1-3 days... On everything ? Mac Pros, Mac minis, iMacs, MacBooks, and MacBook Pros.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    philbotphilbot Posts: 240member
    Store Is Down!

Store Is Down!

Store Is Down!
  • Reply 15 of 16
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    It looks like a pretty silent upgrade to the Mac Pros to 8 cores. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come from Apple, as in updating the other models in a similar "quiet" fashion. I would have expected more of a fuss made over this Mac Pro upgrade than just updating the web site.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Now that the 'new' Mac Pro is out, we should discuss this in Current Hardware instead of Future Hardware, especially since people will probably want to start talking about the *next* Mac Pro upgrade right away.