Call of Duty 2

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was wondering if anyone here has played call of duty 2. it has a pretty high rank on the apple site. is it similar to cs? is it very realistic? i might buy it when i get my macbook pro 17 inch

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    Marvin will answer your question in no time.

Please wait while I go get him...
  • Reply 2 of 32
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    COD2 is amazing.

Only game I play.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    It's good, WW2 rather than modern day like CS:S etc, but more realistic in many ways.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    It's a lot of fun.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    It is very good. There is a great sense of chaos whenever you play it - there are people screaming all around you, bombs going off and bullets whizzing by almost non-stop. Like the original, you get the feeling that there is a greater world around you where things are happening beyond your control. It's a great feeling of immersion. It's also reasonably realistic without being overly gory like most FPS games these days.

That said, I prefer the original. There is nothing in the sequel that matches the brilliance of the Russian missions that make up the final part of CoD1. On the other hand, they got rid of the dreary covert British missions and replaced them with pure squad based action.

But the original had more of an emotional impact for me. Particularly the Pegasus bridge mission, the dawn raid on the French village, and just about all of the Russian missions. There was a real sense of struggling against impossible odds - holding out until the 11th hour, complete with some incredible music. The sheer scale and devastation seen in the opening Russian mission really leaves an impression, particularly as you spend at least half of the mission unarmed, completely at the mercy of the hostile environment.

So yeah, get both of them would be my suggestion
  • Reply 6 of 32
    I usually just play multiplayer.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

I usually just play multiplayer.

yeah i'd play multi player too.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

yeah i'd play multi player too.

Endless hours of fun.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    I don't really play games, but this game looks sort of fun. I think I may have to pick it up...

Oh wait, I forgot. I can't play anything on my MBP cause I spilled Jack and Coke on it last night.

Back to the TiBook 400...
  • Reply 10 of 32
    Great game, I used to play it on the 360 all the time, but since have moved to CoD3 (CoD2 is better in many ways). Anyways both are great fun, especially MP.
  • Reply 11 of 32
    mbaynhammbaynham Posts: 534member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

Oh wait, I forgot. I can't play anything on my MBP cause I spilled Jack and Coke on it last night.

Back to the TiBook 400...

you poor man...
  • Reply 12 of 32
    srewopsrewop Posts: 28member
    how does the game handle on a macbook pro 15' with the 256 graphics card?
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Srewop View Post

how does the game handle on a macbook pro 15' with the 256 graphics card?

depends on the ram as well man
  • Reply 14 of 32
    srewopsrewop Posts: 28member
    2 gigs of ram with a 256 card?
  • Reply 15 of 32
    This is not my love games.but it's a good game.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    Yah this isn't my love of games either. If I were you I would buy Halo if you like those kinds of games first. They have a huge amount of mods and such for graphical improvements and, I think, has a great story. Sure WWII is interesting and all but we have all learned about it earlier. Doesn't have that same new feel.

On the other hand many people do not like Halo, so if you don't, go for CoD2 then.
  • Reply 17 of 32
    applebookapplebook Posts: 350member
    The visuals are significantly better, but the game play is essentially the same --meaning that it's fun.

On my 2GHz CD iMac with 2Gb, the game runs well (Windows Boot Camp) at 1024x768 with medium settings. Nothing short of a 7600 GT will run the game well at max settings above 1280x1024.
  • Reply 18 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadow Slayer 26 View Post

Sure WWII is interesting and all but we have all learned about it earlier. Doesn't have that same new feel.

Some people just don't like to blow people away with plasma rifles.

Give me a sniper rifle in Egypt under multiplayer any day.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Srewop View Post

2 gigs of ram with a 256 card?

you'll be fine.
  • Reply 20 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

Some people just don't like to blow people away with plasma rifles.

Give me a sniper rifle in Egypt under multiplayer any day.

sorry for double post. you're correct, i don't like games like halo with the plasma rifles and all. i prefer reality to fiction.