Apple stokes iPhone anticipation with e-mail teaser

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple Inc.'s eagerly sought iPhone device remains on track to launch this June, according to an email sent out by the company to mobile customers who signed up to received more information on the device.

"Talk to you soon," says the e-mail teaser, which was accompanied by a "hero shot" of the iPhone device itself on a black background.

"You'll be the first to hear the latest about iPhone— coming this June," Apple wrote. "That gives you just enough time to think of ways to break the news to your current phone."

The mail arrives just as Apple's component manufacturers are due to begin delivery of materials for the phone's initial manufacturing ramp over in Taiwan. Reports last month indicated that part makers, including the phone's printed circuit board manufacturer, were to begin delivery in "early April."

Last week, AT&T Wireless announced that it had received over a million inquiries for additional information from customers who had signed up to receive more information on iPhone through its own website.

Apple has yet to commit to a precise launch date, though the most recent anecdotal evidence has circled around June 11th.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    I was about to post this story. I received a email today!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple Inc.'s eagerly sought iPhone device remains on track to launch this June, according to an email sent out by the company to mobile customers who signed up to received more information on the device.

"Talk to you soon," says the e-mail teaser, which was accompanied by a "hero shot" of the iPhone device itself on a black background.

"You'll be the first to hear the latest about iPhone? coming this June," Apple wrote. "That gives you just enough time to think of ways to break the news to your current phone."

The mail arrives just as Apple's component manufacturers are due to begin delivery of materials for the phone's initial manufacturing ramp over in Taiwan. Reports last month indicated that part makers, including the phone's printed circuit board manufacturer, were to begin delivery in "early April."

Last week, AT&T Wireless announced that it had received over a million inquiries for additional information from customers who had signed up to receive more information on iPhone through its own website.

Apple has yet to commit to a precise launch date, though the most recent anecdotal evidence has circled around June 11th.

• Reply 2 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

I was about to post this story. I received a email today!

Me too... I wish there were more specific details though... \
  • Reply 3 of 50
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kungming2 View Post

I wish there were more specific details though... \

I expect there will be a steady string of little teasers like this every two weeks or so, just to keep the buzz going. I don't expect a whole lot more actual info for a bit...
  • Reply 4 of 50
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"That gives you just enough time to think of ways to break the news to your current phone."

That's lame.
  • Reply 5 of 50
    smqtsmqt Posts: 28member
    i think this whole teaser thing is kinda lame

i signed up to receive info

not to get spammy ads \
  • Reply 6 of 50
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Got one too...
  • Reply 7 of 50
    All I know is that I can't wait for the iPhone to be released. I am very, very excited for it. Unfortunately, I won't be getting one immediately, but definitely a 2nd Gen version, maybe 3rd if something goes horribly wrong.
  • Reply 8 of 50
    What's with March 12th? Anything special?
  • Reply 9 of 50
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    If all Apple is going to give out is photos with quirky one liners then I think I am going to go to sleep on this until it is released. I mean seriously, its news that an email was sent ou by a company regarding a new product? If this was a HP PDA phone no one would be commenting on the email. Because it is Apple its ohh an email about nothing... ps. I am in a bad mood today. Maybe if I was in a good one I would have liked this Apple email.
  • Reply 10 of 50
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALPICH View Post

If all Apple is going to give out is photos with quirky one liners then I think I am going to go to sleep on this until it is released. I mean seriously, its news that an email was sent ou by a company regarding a new product? If this was a HP PDA phone no one would be commenting on the email. Because it is Apple its ohh an email about nothing... ps. I am in a bad mood today. Maybe if I was in a good one I would have liked this Apple email.

Come on man, find your inner fanboy and let it out!
  • Reply 11 of 50
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I hate Apple - joking!
  • Reply 12 of 50
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    if you all complain about "every little thing" making news on apple rumor sites, maybe the sites will listen to you... and this site will be updated once a MONTH. that's not what i want... do you?

enjoy every little post, weather it's a survey of the obvious, or an announcement that apple is going to be making dual core2 machines soon ;P
  • Reply 13 of 50
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I hate Apple - joking!

• Reply 14 of 50
    k2directork2director Posts: 194member
    I put myself on the iPhone mailing list the day the phone was announced, but did I get an email? Of course not. Where's my email, Apple?
  • Reply 15 of 50
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

if you all complain about "every little thing" making news on apple rumor sites, maybe the sites will listen to you... and this site will be updated once a MONTH. that's not what i want... do you?

enjoy every little post, weather it's a survey of the obvious, or an announcement that apple is going to be making dual core2 machines soon ;P

You are right. I was foolish to be so hard on Appleinsider. Normally I live for useless bits of information because my life is so empty without Apple. Long live god Jobs. Little g god because he is not quite omni presnet (with under 10% of the market share). That title goes probably more to god Gates... still little g becuase not everyone worships him and most think of him like they would Hades (Greek god of the underworld)
  • Reply 16 of 50
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

That's lame.

Or cute.

• Reply 17 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I just signed up right now, cause I wanted that email too. They must have not known
  • Reply 18 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

That's lame.

Actually I think your carpet 'aint bad. Your curtains however.. now they need an upgrade.
  • Reply 19 of 50
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Somehow I missed that there was anything to sign up for. \
  • Reply 20 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Somehow I missed that there was anything to sign up for. \

Here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/signup/