Apple stokes iPhone anticipation with e-mail teaser

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Actually I think your carpet 'aint bad. Your curtains however.. now they need an upgrade.

not hardwood floors ?
  • Reply 22 of 50
    ebrunnebrunn Posts: 75member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SMQT View Post

i think this whole teaser thing is kinda lame

i signed up to receive info

not to get spammy ads \

You signed up for a email mailing list. How is that spam?
  • Reply 23 of 50
    This is simply the equivalent of a corporate 7th-inning-stretch: A we-haven't-forgotten-you email letting those who signed up know that things are on track.

Benign.
  • Reply 24 of 50
    they said that I would be the first to hear! Apple needs to quit their lying. First about the iPod's battery life, now about who'll be the first to find out about the iPhone. I bet that we'll all find out at the same time. Those dirty little bastards!!!

(this entire post was sarcasm, in case anybody didn't get that)
  • Reply 25 of 50
    i was expecting a bigger price drop for PSP
  • Reply 26 of 50
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

I hate Apple - joking!

A Freudian slip?
  • Reply 27 of 50
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ALPICH View Post

You are right. I was foolish to be so hard on Appleinsider. Normally I live for useless bits of information because my life is so empty without Apple. Long live god Jobs. Little g god because he is not quite omni presnet (with under 10% of the market share). That title goes probably more to god Gates... still little g becuase not everyone worships him and most think of him like they would Hades (Greek god of the underworld)

Oh brother.
  • Reply 28 of 50
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

A Freudian slip?

a type of one
  • Reply 29 of 50
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsimondsmalamud View Post

they said that I would be the first to hear! Apple needs to quit their lying. First about the iPod's battery life, now about who'll be the first to find out about the iPhone. I bet that we'll all find out at the same time. Those dirty little bastards!!!

(this entire post was sarcasm, in case anybody didn't get that)

Da doity bums.
  • Reply 30 of 50
    Visit Best Apple iPhone Blog: dedicated to a new Apple mobile phone - iPhone: news, photos, videos, price, release date and more...

http://iphone-forum.blogspot.com/
  • Reply 31 of 50
    al_xxxal_xxx Posts: 1member
    If the iPhone is going to be introduced at the WWDC doesn't this mean that they have to say something special to developers about it, as they do with everything that they present all these years at WWDCs?

Maybe programmability?
  • Reply 32 of 50
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    The iPhone will be successful like the Mac and iPod. The Apple TV will fail like the iPod HiFi.

You heard it here first folks.
  • Reply 33 of 50
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The iPhone will be successful like the Mac and iPod. The Apple TV will fail like the iPod HiFi.

You heard it here first folks.

Either you are joking or you didn't get the memo. AppleTV "failing" like HiFi would mean that it will become a major player in the media center extender market. Apple HiFi is something like a #2 or #4 player in the iPod speaker market, by total dollars and by units sold, respectively.
  • Reply 34 of 50
    abster2coreabster2core Posts: 2,501member
    MacPro 8-core Xeon just posted

http://www.apple.com/
  • Reply 35 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

MacPro 8-core Xeon just posted

http://www.apple.com/

Damn. $4k and that's the core system upgraded to an 8-core, and no improvements on the video cards. First 3GHz 8-core is a nice coup for Apple though.
  • Reply 36 of 50
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Either you are joking or you didn't get the memo. AppleTV "failing" like HiFi would mean that it will become a major player in the media center extender market. Apple HiFi is something like a #2 or #4 player in the iPod speaker market, by total dollars and by units sold, respectively.

Apple intends the Apple TV to be more than just a "media center extender" though. You can make anything sound successful just by defining it's market small enough.
  • Reply 37 of 50
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by al_xxx View Post

If the iPhone is going to be introduced at the WWDC doesn't this mean that they have to say something special to developers about it, as they do with everything that they present all these years at WWDCs?

Maybe programmability?

It won't be introduced at the WWDC (or, if it is, like you said, it better be something in it for those guys/girls who spent the $$$ to attend, because, the last time I heard, WWDC was a developers conference, not a place for Apple to unveil their next great thing that's going to knock more developers out of business).

A special event would make the most sense, since they can get the press they want, and have all the parties there (why would Cingular want to show up at WWDC to launch their new phone?)
  • Reply 38 of 50
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Apple intends the Apple TV to be more than just a "media center extender" though. You can make anything sound successful just by defining it's market small enough.

You define what its market is in part based on what it is. It makes no sense to compare it with something that isn't the same.

I really don't know what Apple intends to do with it in the future, but all it is right now is just a media extender as far as I can tell. Even if you expand what is by combining it with the media center market, I think it will probably do pretty in that combined market too.
  • Reply 39 of 50
    I must have too much time on my hands but did anyone else notice that the time and date on the hero shot are different than from Macworld... and that the date does not match like it did at Macworld?

Macworld Hero Shot - 9:41am Tuesday Jan 9th

April Teaser - 9:42am Monday March 12th

Did something get delayed from March 12th? Anyone remember the day the big banner went up and down in NYC? Is there something about 9:43 am we should be ready for?
  • Reply 40 of 50
    Quote:

I just signed up right now, cause I wanted that email too. They must have not known

but the thing is you DONT want it... you keep on and on about the iPhone monkeybucket.. err.. junior...

i dont think you like Apple at all, i think you dont know what koolaid is... i think you see the glass half empty...

etc.

roll on the iPhone in all its possible forms formats and furryness

---

oh yeah...for those complaining about the email, if you dont want spamail sent to you... heres a hint... dont sign up for it yes... it IS that simple