Would you like black macbook pro's?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
In a thread i posted in, a guy said that it'd be a bad idea for apple to make black macbook pro's. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    tekmatetekmate Posts: 134member
    As long as they aren't painted like the MacBooks.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    I've been wondering if Apple will release black-anodised (like the 8 GB iPod nano) MacBook Pros. I reckon there's a 50-50 chance it'll happen given the popularity of the black iPods and MacBooks. I suppose it just depends how expensive it is to get a decent finish on something MacBook Pro sized.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    'Possibly' should have been an option. I never buy things unseen.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TekMate View Post

As long as they aren't painted like the MacBooks.

The were going to anodize the plastic in the MacBooks, but found out it wasn't possible.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    tekmatetekmate Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The were going to anodize the plastic in the MacBooks, but found out it wasn't possible.

It's a shame because I like the black better and would pay the extra but the finish is awful.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TekMate View Post

It's a shame because I like the black better and would pay the extra but the finish is awful.

You are aware what anodization is right? You need an alloy steel object for a start. They could have chosen a black plastic, but they might have had to go with gloss, they will probably do a better black MacBook next time.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    bacillusbacillus Posts: 313member
    Most everyone else sells BLACK notebooks and part of being an Apple owner is having something that few others have. So no.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bacillus View Post

Most everyone else sells BLACK notebooks and part of being an Apple owner is having something that few others have. So no.

Your logic sucks.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Your logic sucks.

Every time I see non-apple laptops, they are awash in black. Why I would want to be like most everyone else and not ?think different? is beyond me. The mantra of Apple is THINK DIFFERENT, not THINK THE SAME AND ACT THE SAME, which is exactly what having a black laptop would be to me.

Also, part of bring an Apple owner is having something few others have ? hence one of the reason we do not have to worry about viruses as much.

Most people would have seen this logic of ?Think Different? and not ?Think the same? I guess you cannot.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    saikosaiko Posts: 46member
    Quote:

Every time I see non-apple laptops, they are awash in black. Why I would want to be like most everyone else and not ?think different? is beyond me. The mantra of Apple is THINK DIFFERENT, not THINK THE SAME AND ACT THE SAME, which is exactly what having a black laptop would be to me.

Also, part of bring an Apple owner is having something few others have ? hence one of the reason we do not have to worry about viruses as much.

Most people would have seen this logic of ?Think Different? and not ?Think the same? I guess you cannot.

Just because your computer is black and somewhat similar to the finish of its PC counterparts, isn't it what's inside that counts? I, as well as others, enjoy the black finish on the MacBooks and don't think it takes away from anything Apple stands for...

It seems to me that you're just in the market just to buy a mac to show off to others? "Hey look, I've got an Apple computer, you don't, I'm different and educated."

Quote:

Also, part of bring an Apple owner is having something few others have

Am I the only one who reads this as "Haha, I've got this and you don't!!!"

Maybe I'm just being silly.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saiko View Post

Just because your computer is black and somewhat similar to the finish of its PC counterparts, isn't it what's inside that counts? I, as well as others, enjoy the black finish on the MacBooks and don't think it takes away from anything Apple stands for...

It seems to me that you're just in the market just to buy a mac to show off to others? "Hey look, I've got an Apple computer, you don't, I'm different and educated."

Am I the only one who reads this as "Haha, I've got this and you don't!!!"

Maybe I'm just being silly.

It’s a personal preference thing - if you like the look, then great. I for one love the aluminum look both for how it stands out in classy way and how it says "Think Different" to me.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

It?s a personal preference thing - if you like the look, then great. I for one love the aluminum look both for how it stands out in classy way and how it says "Think Different" to me.

i agree with saiko on this. i beleive that just because the color is different on the outside, doesn't mean the machine isn't a mac. don't be racist, it's what is on the inside that counts