Ken Burns Effect in iPhoto

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know if there is any way of defining which direction specific pictures will pan while using the Ken Burns Effect while viewing slideshows? Overall, I like the effect, but with some pictures it will zoom in on an empty part of the screen or move in the wrong direction -- essentially emphesising the wrong features of those pictures.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    If I remember correctly, can't you define the beginning and end frames to control for this? Upper right corner of the window...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    I was playing around on my brother-in-law's Macbook, making the slideshow for my brother's wedding next month. I didn't notice anything at the time, but then, I wasn't really looking. Now my bro wants a static slideshow (no panning == boring!) because a few of the slides weren't what he wanted and I didn't know if I could change it from random.

I'll have to head over to my bro-in-law's place tonight to check it out more carefully. Thanks for your reply.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    ricksbrainricksbrain Posts: 517member
    I just checked it out a bit-- not so familiar with the new iMovie HD that a macbook would have. I dragged a pic into the window and small window popped up with setting for Ken Burns. I unclicked the Ken Burns Effect and it became a static view of the pic. I think that's it...

Happy slideshowing.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Right in front of me the whole time: thanks for the info!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Right in front of me the whole time: thanks for the info!

Denton,

You know you can control individual photographs in iPhoto with Ken Burns and you can decide how you want them move without having the whole slideshow static or the whole slideshow using Ken Burns. I wasn't sure if you wanted an entire static show or if you wanted to just control a couple of pics.