front row & bluetooth remote

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Have just seen a video on the apple tv and while in the shower tonight i was thinking about steve saying that front row will be part of leopard so everybody can have it but for everybody with out an infared setup like the new macs etc the experence will be defeaded because theres no remote usage.

however in the Apple tv settings you can pair and unpair the remotes (like i have to do with my bloothtooth phone headset) SO is the apple tv shippping with a bluetooth or wireless remote ????

this would make sense as most macs have bluetooth and wireless now a-days they could then sell it seporate when Leopard is launched and front row is how it should be on a g4, mac pro etc etc.

(if anybody wish'es to move this please feel free to)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    aviadbdaviadbd Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carlito2 View Post

Have just seen a video on the apple tv and while in the shower tonight i was thinking about steve saying that front row will be part of leopard so everybody can have it but for everybody with out an infared setup like the new macs etc the experence will be defeaded because theres no remote usage.

however in the Apple tv settings you can pair and unpair the remotes (like i have to do with my bloothtooth phone headset) SO is the apple tv shippping with a bluetooth or wireless remote ????

this would make sense as most macs have bluetooth and wireless now a-days they could then sell it seporate when Leopard is launched and front row is how it should be on a g4, mac pro etc etc.

(if anybody wish'es to move this please feel free to)

The remote is infra red. All Apple remotes (and devices) can "pair". Even the new Macs.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302545
  • Reply 2 of 2
    There is currently a hack out there where g4 macs can get use front row now and all you have to do is pair a bluetooth remote or even a phone to change stuff