New iPod earbuds too small?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just got a sweet new shuffle, it's great.

However I feel the part of the earbuds that sit in the ear are too small, thay fall out of the ear easier than the older model ones and they don't sit firm against the earhole. That said they are nicer looking, and the wire on them is the perfect size. /and no I don't have dumbo ears.

Anyone here agree?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Yes I agree--but the sound quality has improved too, and it only affects me when running so, it's worth it.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    I think ur right... The last gen earbuds were too big for my ears and hurt when I wore them, but the new ones I got w/ my Nano fit much better and don't hurt. So i think they ARE smaller, but for me that's a good thing

The earbuds are great, except for some bass where it starts buzzing and jumbles up the rest of the range...

I guess u DO have dumbo ears. jk
  • Reply 3 of 8
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    They're supposed to go in your ears?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I threw out my old-style iPod earbuds very quickly after getting the iPod (mini). They are far too large to fit in my ears, and I don't even have small ears. In fact, the canal area of my ears is bigger than normal, which I know because a doctor commented on it when I was getting my ears checked about ten years ago.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    just take them back to the OEM and get new ones!

the ears i mean
  • Reply 6 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

just take them back to the OEM and get new ones!

the ears i mean

You're just too funny.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,401member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Just got a sweet new shuffle, it's great.

However I feel the part of the earbuds that sit in the ear are too small, thay fall out of the ear easier than the older model ones and they don't sit firm against the earhole. That said they are nicer looking, and the wire on them is the perfect size. /and no I don't have dumbo ears.

Anyone here agree?

No. I just got my first iPod and the earbuds are fine. I only have two complaints so far with the iPod:

1) I keep having trouble connecting and disconnecting to the computer.

2) Apple changed the red, white, and yellow connections on the iPod so that if you connect an ordinary video cable to the iPod and then to your tv, it won't work unless you switch them. This is a Verizon type move if you ask me with nothing more than pure greed behind it. I hope this doesn't signal a trend like say, charging like Verizon does for all kinds on phone goodies.

- Mark
  • Reply 8 of 8
    This is good reason to buy a good third-party headphone. I'm using the Creative EP-630 right now with my 2G iPod nano (4 GB) and will soon get the Etymotic Research ER-6i.