no chance whatsoever of leopard before wwdc

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014

that's my evidence. wwdc is clearly going to be all about leopard, so i strongly suspect it will not be out before

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Duh! What else whould WWDC be about?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JLL View Post

Duh! What else whould WWDC be about?

people seem to think there might be a leopard release before wwdc. pretty much seems impossible to me (unfortunately)
  • Reply 3 of 11
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post

people seem to think there might be a leopard release before wwdc.

It could be one or two weeks before, although I am not too much optimistic about that.

Quote:

pretty much seems impossible to me (unfortunately)

I am afraid I fail to see the argument.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

people seem to think there might be a leopard release before wwdc. pretty much seems impossible to me (unfortunately)

And your evidence is an ad for WWDC?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

that's my evidence. wwdc is clearly going to be all about leopard, so i strongly suspect it will not be out before

Dear Newb:

That is a fallacy.

What does WWDC stand for? Worldwide Developers Conference. WWDC is specifically FOR developers and is almost always is focused around the operating system regardless of whether or not there is a new version due to be released soon. I assure you, should Apple release Leopard BEFORE WWDC, there would certainly be a plethora of Leopard relating workshops, information, training, etc., FOR DEVELOPERS at WWDC. Also, traditionally, Apple has not announced the shipping of OS X upgrades at big keynotes.

There is no question as to whether or not WWDC will be ABOUT Leopard. The question is, when will Leopard be unleashed. It may very well be before WWDC, and yes, it is *possible* it would be released at WWDC.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

I would hope that most people have thought that, but with all of these rumors...who knows?

But it makes since -- if there are hidden features, you can expect that those features would be announced BEFORE it gets released. Anyway, more then likely correct :-D.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

You can't be serious right?

Exact release date is irrelevant. WWDC will be about Leopard no matter whether Leopard is released before, after, or at.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    As others have said, WWDC itself doesn't indicate whether Leopard will be released before, during or after the conference. But, the start of the conference does provide a convenient date for Leopard to be released that still falls within Spring 2007. My intuition now is that Leopard will be released after WWDC, but before June 21 to stay within spring.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    There is at least one item on Apples developer site which is for leopard and expires on June 15th if that is any guide.

I am just awaiting its arrival when ever it maybe.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    WWDC is most logical though, even though that banner is no indication. The "secret" features must be revealed before the release, reading about the features would not be as fun as seeing Steve demo them!
  • Reply 11 of 11
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    well.... perhaps i should rephrase that it seems impossible it will come significantly before wwdc....